Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Bulk import template: Skill level blank or "0"

Posted 06-10-2021 15:31
    Hi Genesys Community!

I have a question regarding Skill Level. If an agent has 0 stars but has the skill, will they still receive calls? We are coming from Pure Engage where supervisors were set to 0 so they didn't receive calls, but could increase their rating to get calls during high volume. Before uploading the bulk import to GC, I want to know if I should add the skill to users currently defined as level 0, or leave them off entirely.

If I leave them in, which format is correct?
    Insur_Insurance_vcall:0
    Insur_Insurance_vcall

Thanks in advance!
    #Implementation
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Naila Duffy
    AAA Washington

• 2.  RE: Bulk import template: Skill level blank or "0"

Posted 06-11-2021 18:55
    Interesting question.  The UI only allows 1 to 5 stars.  I assume that if the skill is assigned, even with a rating of 0, it will allow calls to route to that agent because they have the skill, just no rating.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Bulk import template: Skill level blank or "0"

Posted 06-12-2021 02:25
    You'll want to leave the skill off entirely.  While you'd think having no stars means no proficiency, it actually means they still have the proficiency, but at level 0 - which obviously is at odds with how we'd look at it from the end user perspective.  That's the reason people with no "stars" for a skill can still end up getting a call.

Probably the best approach, if these are supervisors and therefore trusted users, is to just have them activate/deactivate (join/leave) queues themselves as needed.  The other possibility is to look at bullseye routing and have a skill attached when the call first arrives in the queue, that only your "regular" agents have. After a set period of time in bullseye routing remove that skill.  So you'd end up with something like:

1. Queue A
      1. Skill A
      2. Bullseye Skill A
    All of your users - agents and supervisors would:

1. Be in Queue A
    2. Have Skill A
    But only your regular users would have Bullseye Skill A.

So essentially you'd end up with your supervisors being included in calls that had been waiting longer than a set period of time.

If however you're wanting them to be able to get calls as soon as the call enters the queue then Bullseye routing isn't probably going to work and you'll want to go back to just having them join queues as required.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: Bulk import template: Skill level blank or "0"

Posted 06-11-2021 19:55

Nalia,

I had a discussion with a Cloud customer about this last year when I put a small group on Cloud. The answer was "can't do it with Cloud like Engage Cloud" so we had to create a second agent account for the supervisors so they could jump in and take calls when necessary.  This was my experience, but not necessarily the end answer.

• 5.  RE: Bulk import template: Skill level blank or "0"

Posted 06-14-2021 15:23
    Kevin,

I'm not aware of your full situation, but based on the description above, you could solve for it with a single account by just having your Supervisors de-activate themselves in the queues.  If a busy times comes when they need to lend a hand, they can then activate themselves in the appropriate queue(s).

Mike Steinke
    Inflow Communications

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources