Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WDE Toolbar Region Change

Posted 08-12-2019 07:02
    Hello

I have been trying to change the username that is displayed in WDE (v8.5).
    This is the same region where the advisor can change their state or log off.
    We want to amend this to their actual state (ie ready, not ready <reason>, after call work.
    Currently it shows the username next to an icon to represent the state (ie green circle with tick is ready state).

Is this possible without customization ie through a configuration option or languages xml file.?  I have checked both, and nothing stands out.

On page 51 of the Genesys Developers Guide, there is a screen shot showing a change to the Place ("lucent 10002") but no information about how it is achieved.  this is similar to what I want to do (agent state rather than place).

if this needs customization is the region to do this the 'CustomToolbarRegion'?  there is some contradiction in the same guide as to whether this is the region to change this.

thanks.
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    WA

• 2.  RE: WDE Toolbar Region Change

GENESYS
    Posted 08-13-2019 08:36
    Hello Wasim,

Have you tried using this option?

https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/Options/Current/IW/WDE-interaction-workspace#channel-information-window-title

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

• 3.  RE: WDE Toolbar Region Change

Posted 08-13-2019 09:19
    Hi Matthew,

I have found the configuration option to change this.
    It is actually 'display-format.current-agent-name'.

However there are only a limited number of valid values, none of which fit our requirement.
    I want to display the current state rather than the username.
    The valid values are: $Agent.UserName$,$Agent.LastName$,$Agent.FirstName$,$Agent.EmployeeId$. If all field codes are empty, the following field codes are used: $Agent.UserName$.

Is there anything which can be done?
    if we have to, I don't mind having a separate box next to the username providing the current state.
    thanks,

WA

• 4.  RE: WDE Toolbar Region Change

GENESYS
    Posted 08-13-2019 09:39
    Hello Wasim,

I checked with the WDE developers, and they confirm that there is no way to display the text of the agent state in the toolbar, not even through customization. State is available only through the icon that is displayed next to the agent name/ID or in the tooltip or drop-down menu of the Main Menu.

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

• 5.  RE: WDE Toolbar Region Change

Posted 08-14-2019 00:27
    Edited by Jason McLennan 08-14-2019 00:28
    Hey Wasim,

Yep should certainly be possible in the CustomToolbarRegion as you describe.  We actually have a customisation that displays the time the agent's been in their current state in this space (see picture below).   We color code red for NotReady, green for Ready.

After creating your custom view, you should be able to initiate it as below:
    // The agent status on the main toolbar
    log.Debug("Initialize(): agent status");
    container.RegisterType<IAgentStatusView, AgentStatusView>();
    viewManager.ViewsByRegionName["CustomToolBarRegion"].Insert(0, new ViewActivator()
    {
    ViewType = typeof(IAgentStatusView),
    ViewName = "AgentStatusViewView",
    ActivateView = true
    });

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 6.  RE: WDE Toolbar Region Change

GENESYS
    Posted 08-14-2019 09:38
    That is a great creative approach to add this capability! You might want to share this in the DevFoundry!

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources