Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WDE IM Cancel ACW on Done

Posted 10-07-2019 13:54
    Does anyone know how I can control the behaviour of ACW specifically with instant messages (i.e. independant of voice)? The behaviour I want for IM is similar to that achieved using 'voice.cancel-after-call-work-on-done.' I don't see such an option for IM. 

Within the same system, I want ACW to be untimed for voice (the agent has to manually go ready by clicking Done re: option above), but I want the IM channel to go ready when the agent clicks End (or the session is ended by the other party). In other words, I want to disable ACW for the IM channel only.

Currently, when an agent clicks End for an IM, they are automatically placed in ACW status (makes sense). Then, when they click Done, they remain in ACW status indefinitely and must manually change their status to Ready. While in ACW status, the IM channel shows 'Busy' and the agent cannot be engaged in another interaction. This is not optimal, as agents may miss calls. 

Because the IM is internal communication between agents, I want the agent to go ready immediately upon clicking End (but I want voice functionality to remain as is; go to untimed ACW on End, go ready on Done).

I've looked at wrap-up-value, untimed-wrap-up-value, etc. and can't seem to find a solution for just the IM channel. Any input would be greatlly appreciated. Routing solutions welcome as well...

Thank you :)
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Vicky Pierson
    Tykans Group Inc

• 2.  RE: WDE IM Cancel ACW on Done

GENESYS
    Posted 10-08-2019 06:34
    Hi Vicky,

I'm hoping someone with SIP Server expertise jumps in here. I'll try to track someone down. I am wondering if you are using a separate DN for your IM channel, or whether you use one DN for both Voice and IM?

I have confirmed with my team (WDE) that it is not possible to achieve what you want using the WDE configuration options.

If we find that it is not possible through SIP Server configuration, I recommend that you submit a Feature Request through Customer Care.

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

• 3.  RE: WDE IM Cancel ACW on Done

Posted 10-08-2019 11:17
    Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your kind and prompt response! :)

We are using one DN for both voice and IM. I'm hoping someone has a creative workaround.

Regards,

Vicky Pierson
    Tykans Group Inc

• 4.  RE: WDE IM Cancel ACW on Done
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 10-09-2019 03:46
    Edited by Vicky Pierson 10-09-2019 12:52
    Hello,

If you are using a single DN for voice and IM, you could do the following:

* for IMs being routed (i.e. delivered via a Routing Point and routing strategy):
      - In your routing strategy, you can override the wrap-up time attaching a Key/Value Pair as User Data --> Key="WrapUpTime", Value="$override value for the wrap-up time$"
      - You can use a value of 0 to disable wrap-up for these IMs.
    Ex: Using the Update function in Interaction Routing Designer strategy: Update['WrapUpTime','0']

Note: as the Key/Value pair is attached as UserData, both agents (the one initiating the IM, the one receiving the IM) will be subject to the same change/override (I mean both agents will have ACW disabled on this IM if you override the wrap-up time with 0)

* Note that WDE can be configured to force all IMs to go through a Routing Point.
    Check the intercommunication.im.* options in WDE configuration: https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/IW/latest/Dep/IntercommunicationOptions
    Ex:
      intercommunication.im.routing-based-actions=MakeIM
      intercommunication.im.routing-based-targets=Agent,ACDQueue,RoutingPoint
      intercommunication.im.routing-points=1234@SIPSwitch
    Where: 1234 is your Routing Point, dedicated to the routing of IMs between WDE Agents (and SIPSwitch the name of the Switch in the Genesys configuration)

A set of attached data (Key/Value pairs) are added by the WDE Agent initiating the IM (to an agent, to an agent group, ....): IW_RoutingBasedOriginalEmployeeId,IW_RoutingBasedTargetId,IW_RoutingBasedTargetType, IW_RoutingBasedActionType,IW_RoutingBasedRequestType, IW_RoutingBasedLocation
    These Key/Value pairs will have to be leveraged in your routing strategy (the one loaded on 1234) to retrieve the type and name of the requested target (they will indicate if the originating agent was targeting an agent, a routing point, a group, ... - and the name/id of that target).

A last comment on the routing strategy, although it is not critical/required when dealing with a single DN for voice and IM: At the beginning of your routing strategy, it is better to "force tell" URS what the type of the interaction is (in case of IM). You can call the UseMediaType function (UseMediaType['chat']).

Another option would be to have a different DN for voice and for IM (associated with the same Place object) - setting different wrap-up time values on each.
    WDE can manage two different DNs (one for voice and one for IM): voice=true & multimedia=false for the Voice DN; voice=false & multimedia=true for the IM DN (options at Extension DN level - in Annex - [TServer] section).
    But there are other implications - when the Voice DN and the IM DN are on the same switch. If I remember, you will need 2 different Agent Logins - but you can't control (via configuration) which one WDE will use for the Voice DN and which one it will use for IM DN (unless prompting the agent for the login id during the WDE login phase).

Jerome St Marc
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: WDE IM Cancel ACW on Done

Posted 10-09-2019 12:39
    Good Morning Jerome,

Thank you so much for your detailed reply! I will bring this to the team. I really appreciate the time you've taken to respond so thoroughly.

Please also note: We have internal-bsns-calls set to true. Given the shared DN, does this change your approach at all? Please advise.

Regards,

Vicky Pierson
    Tykans Group Inc

• 6.  RE: WDE IM Cancel ACW on Done

GENESYS
    Posted 10-09-2019 12:47
    No, it doesn't change anything.
    It just means (among other things) that internal calls (direct to agent as well) would be considered as business call and therefore trigger ACW.
    The override of WrapUpTime via strategy will work for routed IMs.
    And you can use the WDE configuration - forcing IM via Routing Points - to manage "direct" IMs if you want to prevent ACW on these as well (I mean agent selecting another agent specifically for IM - the WDE configuration will allow to send the IM to the configured Routing Point instead of contacting the targeted agent directly).

Jerome St Marc
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: WDE IM Cancel ACW on Done

Posted 10-09-2019 12:51
    Thank you for your prompt reply Jerome! :)  Much appreciated.

Vicky Pierson
    Tykans Group Inc

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources