PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Changing the Location of Storage of Recording

Posted 09-09-2019 04:59
    Hi,

I want to move/migrate the recordings to new storage server and  Please let me know if you have a document which will help us in this activity

Regards
    Mirza
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Mirza Mahboob Baig
    Al Arabiya Systems Engineering (ASE)

• 2.  RE: Changing the Location of Storage of Recording

Posted 09-09-2019 09:26
    There isn't formal documentation for this process that I am aware of, but you should reach out to support so they can give you advice based on how busy your system is and the quantity of recordings that you are transferring.

The ideal way to do this is to just use recording retention policies and performing chunks of re-evaluations to let CIC move your recordings and update the database (according to Genesys support) but when we switched our storage solution, this consumed a lot of time monitoring the processes and also generated a lot of failures and hangups that required us to restart the recorder subsystem.  In the end, support ended up having us migrate the files manually and modify the media URI's in the database.

Again, I recommend reaching out to Genesys support so they can give you the steps they want to you to take in this process, my post is simply giving a high level overview of what we experienced doing this ourselves earlier this year.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Changing the Location of Storage of Recording

Posted 09-10-2019 01:45
    As Aaron stated it is important to contact support if you have no experience with this because I had the same experience with using the re-evaluation started from the policy editor. 
    Finally I did it by adding a retention policy that moves the recordings and manually update in chunks the expiration date in the recorder database to force the recordings to go through the retention policies again. I didn't set the expiration dates at the same time but spreaded over a period so the load of processing them is also spreaded.

Good luck

Edward de Wit
    3Fiftynine B.V.

• 4.  RE: Changing the Location of Storage of Recording

Posted 09-11-2019 03:40
    Thank you @Aron and @Edwards for your inputs

As suggested I will coordinate with the support team for this activity​

Regards
    Mirza

Mirza Mahboob Baig
    Al Arabiya Systems Engineering (ASE)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources