Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Voicemail/Recording retention

Posted 07-01-2020 18:47
    I have a little problem that I can't seem to resolve and was wondering if there were some smart cookies out there that may have some ideas to get around the problem.

I have around 200 communicate users that manually record conversations so they can individually listen to the recordings at a later stage from their inbox/recordings.
    The problem is the company policy is to delete recordings after 1 year however recordings do not delete from the communicate user's inbox/recordings.

I have thought about creating a policy for recording all conversations which will work however communicate users can not access recordings using this method.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Mark D

#SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Mark d'Auvergne

• 2.  RE: Voicemail/Recording retention

GENESYS
    Posted 07-02-2020 18:23
    I'm guessing you could use the API /api/v2/voicemail/search to find all the voicemails older than a specified date (or between 1 year 7 days and 1 year old). Then pull out the voicemail IDs, and use /api/v2/voicemail/messages/{messageId} to loop through that list and delete them. Not sure.

You might post in the forum on https://developer.mypurecloud.com and get some ideas there.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources