Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Announcement -- not Proceeding with Recording Service API Metadata Endpoint Annotation Deprecation

GENESYS
    Posted 11-15-2021 08:58
    Hi all,

In July 2021, Genesys Cloud made a deprecation announcement on Recording service API metadata endpoint annotation deprecation.  Upon further review, we decide to not proceed with the deprecation.  The recording metadata endpoints in the Recording Service API are not changed in November as per the deprecation announcement. There are no plans to proceed with this deprecation in the foreseeable future.

#QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 2.  RE: Announcement -- not Proceeding with Recording Service API Metadata Endpoint Annotation Deprecation

Posted 03-28-2022 11:10
    Hello,

Can anyone confirm if this was in fact deprecated? I would like to use this API but I am not getting annotations when I invoke it.

I can't find any announcement, and the article referencing the deprecation still shows that it will not be done (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/recording-service-api-metadata-endpoint-annotation-deprecation/).

Thank you

Jeremy Prevost
    Lentegrity LLC

• 3.  RE: Announcement -- not Proceeding with Recording Service API Metadata Endpoint Annotation Deprecation

GENESYS
    Posted 03-28-2022 14:27
    Hi Jeremy,

Please do not use this API to retrieve annotations.  Please use the Annotations endpoint instead:
    https://developer.genesys.cloud/api/rest/v2/recording/#get-api-v2-conversations--conversationId--recordings--recordingId--annotations

Daniel Ho

• 4.  RE: Announcement -- not Proceeding with Recording Service API Metadata Endpoint Annotation Deprecation

Posted 03-28-2022 14:50

Daniel,

I have been looking into this one as well as a fallback, which it sounds like is what I will have to use. I was just hoping to use the one in question as I only need metadata and it would allow me to get all of the recording and annotation metadata I want in a single call, rather than having to get recording metadata in one call then do another call to get annotation metadata. 

Was the deprecation of this announced again somewhere? I just want to know if I should be looking somewhere else for changes like these as it could have saved a good amount of time since your documentation specifically says it's not being depreciated. 

Thank you for the help,
    Jeremy

Jeremy Prevost
    Lentegrity LLC

• 5.  RE: Announcement -- not Proceeding with Recording Service API Metadata Endpoint Annotation Deprecation

GENESYS
    Posted 03-28-2022 15:14
    Hi Jerermy,

The deprecation was announced July last year, see https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/recording-service-api-metadata-endpoint-annotation-deprecation/.  But we decided to rollback from the deprecation plan with an abundance of caution that it could impact unaware clients using this API.

Our API design did not intend to expose the Annotations from this metadata endpoint.  Please do not rely on this endpoint to retrieve all annotations, but use the Annotations endpoint instead.

Daniel Ho

• 6.  RE: Announcement -- not Proceeding with Recording Service API Metadata Endpoint Annotation Deprecation

Posted 03-28-2022 16:27
    Understood. Thank you Daniel.

Jeremy Prevost
    Lentegrity LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources