Genesys Cloud (formerly PureCloud)

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

MS Teams Integration

• 1.  MS Teams Integration

Posted 12 days ago
    I have just started the Teams integration to our Dev Org.  I have enabled the free trial and enabled the Teams Integration.  I have logged into my Teams account from the Genesys Cloud UI.

A couple of questions on licensing and the MS piece.  I had our IT person make sure the Genesys Cloud Integration is installed in Teams, but when I search for users within Teams from Genesys I cannot find anyone in Teams.  I assume individual users need to to be licensed/enabled to be searchable and provide their presence.  (Wanting to confirm this piece).

Does the presence and searchability work both ways?  Can someone on Teams search and for a Genesys Cloud User?

I did not install any SIP Trunking between Genesys Cloud and MS Teams as we don't have any plans for internal transfer of calls between the two solutions at this time.  If we want to move forward with internal calling, is an SBC required or can this be done without a hardware/virtual SBC.
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 2.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 7 days ago
    Good morning!

Have you found the solution to searching for Teams users from Genesys?  It sounds like I have our setup to the same place you have yours but I'm not able to see the Teams badge for users when I search.  I am able to login to Teams from Genesys.

I have SCIM configured and working...for the most part.  I wasn't sure about the setup for the Genesys Cloud field "UserProfile.contactInfo.[0].phone_other.[0].value.number" that is shown in the documentation.  It doesn't look like the period characters preceding the brackets are valid and I'm not sure where that value needs entered.

I already had trunks setup between Genesys and our SBC.  I'm assuming I can handle the routing on our SBC for Teams calls and won't need to setup another connection to the SBC strictly for Teams.

Any help is appreciated!

Josiah Brown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 3.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 7 days ago
    We are still working on it.  I was on a call this morning with Genesys re Postman and gathering the Access Token.  That is working fine now.  Some info in Postman was missing (not documented).  Once that was complete I am now able to get the Access Token.  Note.  An OAuth Token has a duration/expiry time of 86400 seconds by default (24 hours), max 172800 (48 hours), so you may have to update the Access Token every 48 hours if you are making changes.  My Teams guy has input the Token, no more errors on their side and is working to update the mappings.  Hoping to have that done by tomorrow.  I will update as we move through the process.  Thanks.

Martin Bunting

• 4.  RE: MS Teams Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 6 days ago

@Martin Bunting, when using an access token with the SCIM user provisioning apps, you have the option to create a long lived token (450 days), following the instructions on setting up the Oauth Client for use with SCIM:  ​https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-an-oauth-client/#tab3

Specifically point 6:

Set Token Duration

Token Duration is the duration of time until tokens created with this client expire. Accept the default duration of 86,400, or enter a value between 300 and 38,880,000 seconds. This sets the lifetime of the token to a maximum of 450 days.

Note: You can only set the maximum to 38,880,000 seconds if you use the SCIM Integration role or a custom role that has the exact same permissions.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: MS Teams Integration

Posted 6 days ago
    Thanks Richard.  I had tried to set the Token duration to 38880000.  When I tried to change the Duration I received an error "There was an error saving the client"  I subsequently found out that SCIM can be the "Only" Role assigned to OAuth.  Once I removed the other roles I was able to enter 38880000 as a duration.  Thanks.

Martin Bunting