E911 for Remote Agents – Ray Baum’s BETA Community

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Set Your Emergency Address

• 1.  How to Set Your Emergency Address

GENESYS
    Posted 01-06-2022 14:01
    Genesys Cloud Voice supports Ray Baum's Act by allowing you to specify your home address as your emergency address. If you are an agent using Genesys Cloud Voice and are working remotely from your home, you can use the Emergency Address feature to specify your home address as your emergency address. By doing so, emergency services can get to you in case the need arises. You can set your custom Emergency Address from several locations in Genesys Cloud.

Dialpad

You can set your custom Emergency Address from the Dialpad.

1. On the sidebar, click Calls .
    2. Click Dialpad .
    3. Click Update emergency address .
    4. Enter your full home address in the Emergency Address boxes that appear on your profile page.
    5. Click Save.

ACD dialpad

You can set your custom Emergency Address from the ACD Dialpad.

1. On the sidebar, click Interactions .
    2. Click Start a Conversation .
    3. Click Update emergency address .
    4. Enter your full home address in the Emergency Address boxes that appear on your profile page.
    5. Click Save.

User settings

You can set your custom Emergency Address from user settings.

1. On the sidebar, click your profile picture .
    2. Click Update emergency address .
    3. Enter your full home address in the Emergency Address boxes that appear on your profile page.
    4. Click Save.

------------------------------
    Derrick Tanzini
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

Posted 01-19-2022 11:09
    We have our DEV environment registered for the BETA program. We added the address to one of our accounts and have a DID assigned to the user. However, when dialing 911, the operator reports our site address instead of the user's programmed address.

• Did we miss something?
    • Does it take time to propagate or is it instant after updating the address?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Jeff Gaedke
    GreenSky, LLC

• 3.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

GENESYS
    Posted 01-19-2022 11:31
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out. We've identified a bug that is preventing the user phone number from being moved to the newly created User Emergency Location. We have made the fix this week and it is currently going through testing. We plan on having the fix deployed by early next week.

I will reply back to this thread once I have confirmed the fix has been deployed.

Thanks!

Derrick Tanzini
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

Posted 01-19-2022 11:41
    Edited by Jeff Gaedke 01-19-2022 11:45
    Thank you for the quick response. We will test next week when the fix is in place. Also, do you know if there is an enhancement out there to notify the emergency contact identified in the configuration that the 911 is dialed and by who? I had experience with a similar feature in Cisco (Cisco Emergency Responder) that would notify the emergency contact and include the station that had dialed 911. There was also a reporting tool that showed 911 dials.

EDIT: Just noticed that my question above is related to Kari's law. Not Ray Baum. Sorry about that.

Jeff Gaedke
    GreenSky, LLC

• 5.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

GENESYS
    Posted 01-19-2022 11:53
    I believe you are referring to Kari's Law. If so, yes we do support notifications to be sent when a 911 call is dialed.

We have a Resource Center article posted on how to configure the notifications.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-genesys-cloud-voice-e911-to-support-karis-law/

Derrick Tanzini
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

GENESYS
    Posted 01-31-2022 14:04

I used a real address, where I literally sit daily which is not the same as my Org location.  How can I resolve?

Tony Morris
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

GENESYS
    Posted 01-31-2022 14:56
    Hi Tony,

It looks like your phone number is BYOC and not a GCV phone number. That error message is what is returned when GCV is not the E911 provider/number owner. We don't currently have a way for BYOC users to update their address in GC.

If you had entered a real invalid phone number, you would receive the following message:

Derrick Tanzini
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

Posted 01-31-2022 14:50
    Did this fix go in?

Thanks.

Jeff Gaedke
    GreenSky, LLC

• 9.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

GENESYS
    Posted 01-31-2022 14:59
    Yes, it did. I added an update to a separate thread, but did not add one here.

Update for Jan 27:

There has been a fix deployed overnight to address the issue of phone numbers not being moved to a newly created User Emergency Location. We consider the issue to be resolved, but if any users continue to experience issues, please communicate those here.

Thanks,

Derrick Tanzini
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

Posted 02-01-2022 15:39
    It is my understand that you can only set the emergency address for users that have DID's assigned.  Is that correct?  If so, is there a plan to roll this out to all users.  Most of our users do not have a DID assigned to them, but (if I am reading the regulation correctly), we need to be able to provide a location for ANYONE logged into our phone system.  I'm trying to understand why it would only be setup for people with DID's and not all users.

Thanks!

Jason Lorden
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 11.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

GENESYS
    Posted 02-01-2022 22:22
    Yes, currently it is a requirement that each user has their own assigned DID in order to update their location.

In the future, we would like to enable this for all GCV users without the requirement of having a DID. The reason we cannot support extensions today is due to the backend of our E911 service not having extensions assigned at the Org Id level. For example, if a 911 call were placed from extension 1234 today, there is not currently a mechanism in place to identify the exact account and subsequent user that placed the call in order to provide the PSAP the proper location and call back number. In order for GCV to support extensions, there is additional development needed to create this logic. There are a number of enhancements being planned at the moment, including geo-location detection for user prompts, further mobile capabilities along in addition to extension support. We plan on addressing all of these in future releases.

Derrick Tanzini
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

Posted 02-02-2022 08:43
    Hi Derrick,

Sorry this was kinda just thrown on my plate so I am playing a little catch-up here.  My main question is does the regulation state that this functionality only has to be in place for users with a DID or does the Genesys solution fall short of meeting the regulation guidelines?

I am not sure what the penalties (if any) are for being out of compliance with this regulation so I am trying to determine if we are covered by what Genesys currently provides or if we need to be looking for another solution to ensure we are complaint until the Genesys solution is complete.

Thanks!

Jason Lorden

• 13.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

GENESYS
    Posted 02-02-2022 10:06
    Hi Jason,

The regulation states that for non-fixed devices, MLTS providers may rely on the end user to provide or confirm dispatchable location information manually. Genesys is in compliance with the regulations as we do provide a way to meet the requirement with the use of a DID.

I am aware of other solutions, such as RedSky that do require an application to be downloaded to the user's PC, but would support extension dialing. This is not an official endorsement of RedSky, but I am using them as an example of an option that I am aware of in the marketplace.

Derrick Tanzini
    Genesys - Employees

• 14.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

Posted 02-02-2022 12:07
    Thanks Derrick.

If I am understanding you correctly, in order for us to be in compliance we have two options:
    1. We would have to assign all of our users a DID which means we would have to purchase additional numbers.
    2. We would have to add on another solution (like RedSky) to account for users that only have extensions.   
    Do we have any ballpark timeframe as to when Genesys will be able to support extensions for the E911 (Q1, Q2, 2023...)?

Thanks!

Jason Lorden

• 15.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

GENESYS
    Posted 02-02-2022 15:21
    Hi Jason,

Correct, those would be the two current options for compliance. We don't have a timeframe for when we will be able to support extensions at the moment. I think we'll know more as we get further into this year, but wouldn't expect anything before Q4'22 or early Q1'23.

Derrick Tanzini
    Genesys - Employees

• 16.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

Posted 03-15-2022 13:50
    If a user does not have a DID, will the location still be reported for emergency response, but the company would be non-compliant on the callback regulation, correct?  Would there be an issue if the trunk DID was sent out and the user address was sent?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 17.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

GENESYS
    Posted 03-16-2022 09:38
    If the user does not have their own unique DID, then their Site Location will be used as the emergency address location.

In order to be compliant, the user must be able to provide their own emergency address when working remotely or in a different office building, site location, etc. If the trunk DID is shared, then it would not be possible to provision a user's unique address with it.

Derrick Tanzini
    Genesys - Employees

• 18.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

Posted 03-16-2022 10:39
    Barring issue with remote station and DIDs, could we put the agent's cell or home in as Work and let them define the address?  Requiring a Work number is a problem with this design.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 19.  RE: How to Set Your Emergency Address

GENESYS
    Posted 03-16-2022 11:14
    No this would not work. We run a validation on the phone number before setting the emergency address. One of the validation checks is that the phone number is a GCV provided number. The way our solution currently works is that when a user successfully saves their emergency adders, we provide that combination of DID and emergency address to the underlying GCV E911 provider. Our provider retains this information and in the event an emergency call is placed, they will have the most recent address to use for routing to the closest PSAP.

Since GCV is not the E911 service provider on BYOC numbers, it cannot provision the emergency address on those numbers with our emergency service provider. Long term we would like to support BYOC phone numbers, but is not functionality that will be immediately available.

Derrick Tanzini
    Genesys - Employees