PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

IC busines managaer issues

• 1.  IC busines managaer issues

Posted 10-25-2019 17:17
    Hello,

I have a user that has been able to log into ICBM and run reports in report manager on a regular basis.
    As of two days ago, the user is no longer able to run reports and receives "There was an error loading the report document. The logs will contain details of the error. Please contact an admin for help" (that would be me :))
    On the same day she received the above error she was working in Crystal Reports and started to receive and error that shows the DLL that is loaded does not have the function of ININTranslateGroup. 

The user is able to log into ICBM on other users computers without issues.  I uninstalled an reinstalled ICBM and she still gets the same error. 
    Has anyone else encounter this issue and can share a resolution?

Thanks!
    Tina
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 2.  RE: IC busines managaer issues

Posted 10-25-2019 17:41
    Have you turned ICBM tracing up to 100 on the user's PC and looked for errors in the log on the local machine?  Have you opened a ticket with support?

Those are the two places that I would start looking.  Generally in the ICBM log you will see errors traced that give more detail, though depending on what has failed it may not be terribly meaningful.

As a more general observation, since the user is able to function on other machines, have you tested whether a different user is able to run reports in ICBM successfully on this user's PC?  If they are able to, that points to an issue with something in the user's profile.  In that event, you could look at having your desktop support attempt to default the user's Windows profile.  Be aware that this has ramifications beyond Genesys that need to be considered, like backing up documents, desktop things, etc.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: IC busines managaer issues

Posted 10-25-2019 18:41
    Hello,

Yes, I have done everything you suggested but have not completed my support ticket as it is specific to the user. Being Friday, everyone has basically left for the day so her and I are addressing her profile on Monday.

I appreciate your response and it's good to know I am on the right track!

Have a good weekend!

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 4.  RE: IC busines managaer issues

Posted 10-28-2019 12:59
    Edited by Paul Simpson 10-28-2019 13:01
    There is a known issue with installing both Crystal Reports and ICBM on the same machine.

To resolve it, un-install and re-install Business Manager Applications after installing Crystal Reports.

There are also some DLLs that need copying around, I need to dig out the details.

We will be launching a PureConnect Custom Reporting class (1 day, Online) in GU in the near furture, that will cover all aspects of setting this kind of thing up. I suggest you keep your eyes open for the anouncement!

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Senior Technical Instructor

• 5.  RE: IC busines managaer issues

Posted 10-30-2019 11:15
    Hello,
    Yesterday both Crystal Reports and ICBM were uninstalled and reinstalled  in the order you suggested and we are still seeing the UFL u212com.dll that implements this function is missing.
    If you have suggestions or can provide any other information that we can use, it would be greatly appreciated!

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 6.  RE: IC busines managaer issues
    Best Answer

Posted 10-30-2019 15:38
    Tina,

My advice to un-install / reinstall ICBM was to deal with the first part of your issue: "There was an error loading the report document. The logs will contain details of the error. Please contact an admin for help"

To solve the second issue, try this.

Close Crystal Reports and then copy
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\U2LININSupportU.dll
    and
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Interactive Intelligence\BusinessManagerApps\ININ.Reporting.Historical.Engine.CrystalUFL.dll
    to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\

This assumes standard install locations!

HTH

• 7.  RE: IC busines managaer issues

Posted 10-31-2019 13:41
    Hi Paul,

Great advice!!  This worked like a charm!

Thank you!

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 8.  RE: IC busines managaer issues

Posted 11-06-2019 17:09
    Hi Paul,

I am hoping you can help me once more with the Crystal Report issues we are seeing.
    After your last post we applied the recommended changes and once the custom report is launched through Crystal Reports we are seeing another error from the left hand menu under error we see ININTranslateStatusKey  ({SPRPT_CRUSERACTIBITY.StatusKey})

Any thoughts on this error; another missing DLL?  Any thoughts are welcomed.

BTW- Multiple times I attempted to upload a screen shot of the actual error but was unsuccessful

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 9.  RE: IC busines managaer issues

Posted 11-11-2019 16:47
    Hi Tina,

Which report is it that you are seeing this in? I would like to reproduce the problem so I can investigate :-)

• 10.  RE: IC busines managaer issues

Posted 11-12-2019 18:14
    HI Paul,

The report was copied as UserAvailablitiy.rpt and was renamed UserAvailablitiyCustom.rpt.  The UserAvailablitiyCustom.rpt will not open.

Tina Castro
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 11.  RE: IC busines managaer issues

Posted 11-12-2019 18:40
    OK, I will take a look - in the meantime, can you clarify when you say "will not open" do you mean in CR or in ICBM?

• 12.  RE: IC busines managaer issues

Posted 06-01-2023 07:00

Dear Paul,

I have a problem with every Cristal Report,when I run report. I try to copy and paste files but the problem is still same. I get message:There was an error loading the report document. The logs will contain details of the error. Please contact an admin for help" .

Can You help me ?

Best regards,

Dimitrije

Dimitrije Maric
    Saga d.o.o. Beograd

• 13.  RE: IC busines managaer issues

Posted 06-01-2023 09:12

I'm sorry, but it's been a while for me and I don't have access to CIC any more, so can't check the locations etc.

That being said, the biggest issue I have faced has been down to the install order. ICBM absolutely MUST be installed AFTER Crystal Reports. If ICBM is already installed, uninstall and then reinstall it. This fixes about 90% of the problems I have seen.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources