Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Monitoring voice quality using Audiocodes OVOC tool

Posted 03-26-2020 06:54
    Hello,
    we have a customer running a quite large contact center (at least regarding to Italian sizing) using Audiocodes voice gateways, SBC and hard phones and of course Genesys on top. They installed OVOC, that is an Audiocodes tool that monitors voice quality of all calls, using a sort of software probe built inside each device involved (VG, SBC and phones).
    Now, in order to manage the covid-19 crisis, they're going to use Genesys SIP endpoint to be installed remotely on the agent desktop pc. 
    The question is: does anybody know if this software endpoint can collect voice quality information and send it to OVOC? Someone of you has been already experienced on similar issues?

Any advice could be useful.
    Many thanks to everyone
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Giuliano Ferri
    Indra Italia spa

• 2.  RE: Monitoring voice quality using Audiocodes OVOC tool

Posted 03-27-2020 04:42
    See the options about

Producing RTCP Extended Reports

https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/SESN/8.5.2/Developer/ConfiguringforNET#Producing_RTCP_Extended_Reports

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 3.  RE: Monitoring voice quality using Audiocodes OVOC tool

Posted 03-27-2020 15:25
    Hi Giuliano,

The Genesys SIP Endpoint software does have the capability to send the VQ data to OVOC.  In the SipEndpint.config file there is a configuration item called VQ report which can be enabled as follows:

<setting name="vq_report_publish" value="1"/>
    <setting name="vq_report_collector" value="collector@ovocservername.domainname:5060;transport=udp"/>

I believe this information is reported only after the call is completed.  Hope that helps you.

Regards,

Mike.

Michael Silverman
    Tykans Group Inc

• 4.  RE: Monitoring voice quality using Audiocodes OVOC tool

Posted 10-22-2020 22:26
    I recently posted a question about vq reports. In my setup, using the settings for the vq_report I am able to get the WorkSpace Agent to send reports but the quality metrics do not look accurate; i.e. the r-factors are 0 and the mos scores are 1.0. I was wondering if you have seen the same issue and if so how to resolve it? 

Thanks

Andrew Klassen

• 5.  RE: Monitoring voice quality using Audiocodes OVOC tool

Posted 10-23-2020 18:05
    Hello Andrew,
    to be honest, in the beginning we got some calls with these metrics but we found that was due to short calls. It seems these metrics start to be reliable just if the call duration is significative, say more than 30 seconds. Could be that the reason also for you?

Giuliano Ferri
    Indra Italia spa

• 6.  RE: Monitoring voice quality using Audiocodes OVOC tool

Posted 11-11-2020 09:45
    Hi Giuliano, 

Thanks for the suggestion.

It turns out my version of the agent was old and I needed the newer version to calculate the quality metrics.

Andrew Klassen

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources