PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

dailer call not dial plan numbers

• 1.  dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-09-2019 12:56
    Hello everyone, 

I have set dial plans into cic system, but in dailer when a campaign is active and running he calls a not dial plan numbers and routes it to a specific queue,
    the agent is signing in interaction connect through remote number connected to Avaya 

thanks
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Amr Khalil
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 2.  RE: dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-10-2019 08:36
    Amr,

Please can you clarify?

What do you mean by "not dial plan numbers and routes it to a specific queue"?

Which leg of the call is affected? (The outbound call to the contact, or the outbound call that connects the agent on the remote number.)

Dialer campaigns can be configured to use a Trunk Group directly (which is the usual scenario) or place calls to contacts via the Dial Plan. Calls are placed in the ACD queue belonging to the Workgroup assigned to the Campaign and then routied via ACD to the agents. If this issue is affecting the "internal" call, can you confirm if the same issue exists when agents dial a number manually in the client?

• 3.  RE: dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-11-2019 06:26
    Hello Paul Simpson

I mean when the campaign started dialer call number lets say 12345 but in my dial plan I set dial plan 01XXXXXXXX 10 digits like 0123456789 

and when he started the call, it's sent via avaia to a queue not in the campaign (the queue ext is 0) and the campaign is predictive

Amr Khalil

• 4.  RE: dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-11-2019 06:56
    Hello Paul , 

To make the setup clear for you , We are working on the following:
    1- Agents Log on to remote stations ( Avaya Stations ) which are configured on Pureconnect.
    2- Dialer Campaign are dialing regionally , campaigns are not using Direct Trunk Group , They are using Regional Dial Plan.
    3- Using the Country code of the dialed number , it will go through it's assigned location ( At this location we are assigning VG + Media Server ) to handle the call.
    4- Once the call dialed by dialer and has a live person , it will be routed to the agent who is logged to remote station ( Avaya Station )

Issue as following:
    1- If dialed number is configured at the dial plan >> everything went fine.
    2- If dialed number is not configured at the dial plan >> call will follow the default location and it will be routed to Avaya , At Avaya Side there are some configurations to forward any call to 0 which is the reception guys.

So , simply any number doesn't match a pattern at the regional dial plan will go to avaya reception station , which effects our dialer performance in addition to make troubles to Avaya guys.

However , when tried to manually dial any number not configured at the dial plan , it will not be dialed and simply got a disconnect message.

I am just wondering , why this is not happening with Automatic Dialing , if the pattern is not found >> do not dial the number ?

Thanks, 
    Aly Nofal

Aly Nofal
    System Engineer

• 5.  RE: dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-11-2019 12:55
    Thank you for the clarification!

You are correct, that does sound odd.

What "Location" do you have specified in the Campaign for use with the Dial Plan?
    If you use "Simulate Call" in the Dial Plan config screen and try the problematic number with the same location, what does it say?
    Does your dial plan have entries that are location-specific, or that do different things based on locations?

My theory is that the Dialer is running the dial plan with one location, but your manual tests are a different location and this is the differentiator for the two results.

Let us know if this shows up anything useful!

• 6.  RE: dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-12-2019 08:23
    Hello Paul , 

• We have specified and tried using [Default Location] and [None] and both have the same behavior.
    • Regarding Simulate Call , it says no pattern found.
    • My Dial Plan Entries applies at All , all patterns with location filter set to All.
    • For the pattern itself >> at Dial Group >> we specify Specific Line , and this line is assigned to Location with it's associated Media Server , so when matching happens , call will follow the VG Line + Media server assigned to this location.
    • Dialer will dial the number >> Goes to Dial Plan >> if Pattern Matched >> call be handled by VG + Media Server at the Location , whatever the location configured at Campaign ( As mentioned i tried Default Location and None ) , it  doesn't matter as far as matching happens it will follow this location.

Manually , the issue doesn't happen , as far as the pattern is not found at Dial Plan for any location , it will not dial !

Thanks, 
    Aly Nofal

Aly Nofal
    System Engineer

• 7.  RE: dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-12-2019 10:40
    Ok, this is what I *THINK* is happening...

The very last line of your Dial Plan has a pattern of just Z which matches anything that makes it that far. This has a description of "No Pattern Match" and a classification of "Unknown".
    Usually, the "Unknown" classification isn't allowed for users, which is why when you dial manually, the call fails. Dialer, however (I believe) does not have classification restrictions, so the call gets dialed and it is sending it to Avaya.

As a "quick fix" you could create a dummy Line Group, set as "USe as Dial Group" and make that last entry use this Line Group, however you should really fix the Dial Plan so no legitimate numbers (by which I mean a valid phone number, not a phone number you want to use!) make it that far....

HTH

• 8.  RE: dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-16-2019 11:09
    Hello Paul , 

There is no "Z" pattern at the dial plan.

I have uploaded the dial plan export for you to have a look on it , maybe you can see something i can't see.

Thanks, 
    Aly Nofal

Aly Nofal
    System Engineer

• 9.  RE: dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-16-2019 12:24
    Hi Aly,

Where did you upload the dialplan to? I can certainly try to look at it - no promises, but the lack of a "Z" pattern is probably a lot of the problem!

• 10.  RE: dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-16-2019 12:30
      |   view attached
    Hello Paul , 

Here it is attached , just please download and rename it as .rar then extract it.

What do you mean by the lack of "Z" is a lot of problem ? 

Thanks, 
    Aly Nofal

Aly Nofal
    System Engineer

Attachment(s)

pdf
    DialPlanExport.pdf   1 KB 1 version

• 11.  RE: dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-16-2019 13:29
    Aly,

OK, so I cannot be certain that this is the problem, but the last entry in your dial plan should have an Input Pattern of just "Z", with a classification of "Unknown". This is used to "catch" anything not matched by earlier entries. Just doing that, may fix your problem.

Looking at the dialplan, however, I believe it could be simplified somewhat. For example, lines 8&9 are both for an area code of 00971, with one being 8 additional digits and the other 9. These could probably be merged into a single entry with 00971xxxxxxxxz (so, 00971 plus AT LEAST 8 more digits, but potentially more). You could also possibly make use of Managed Lists to further simplify what is happening in some cases. This could also make it more readable (although adding a description to each entry would also be wise!)

I am teaching this week, so don't have much time to go through it in detail, however if you need more information, Dial Plans are discussed in the third class of the ICCE and ICCS training paths. If I get a chance to go through it more I will comment again.

HTH

• 12.  RE: dailer call not dial plan numbers

Posted 09-17-2019 03:58

Hello Aly/Amr,

Use "?" in your dialplan and try.

Meraj Ahmed
    The Customer Experience Lab

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources