Genesys Multicloud

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Toll free number - Caller ID name change

GENESYS
    Posted 07-24-2018 19:57
    Hello PEC Community,

My team is looking for the process to change the Caller ID name displayed on a Toll Free Number when dialing an outbound call.  This is not a PEC function as it just sends out the digits and the CID name display is then populated by the end carrier.  There must be some centralized database that distributes the Caller ID name to those end carriers and so there must be a process to update that name.  Has anyone done this recently?

Thank you,

Paul
    #Other/NotSure

------------------------------
    Paul Rapoza
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Toll free number - Caller ID name change

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2018 14:29
    Hey @Paul Rapoza,

Thanks for posting in the new community. Just curious if you are looking for existing Genesys Documentation or for Customers to share their thoughts?

Thanks,​​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Toll free number - Caller ID name change

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2018 14:32
    Hi Matt,

I'm looking for customer/community feedback as this is not a really a Genesys process and would not be contained in our documentation.  

Best,

Paul

Paul Rapoza
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Toll free number - Caller ID name change

Posted 10-15-2018 11:54
    Hi Paul

Just so I understand your question, you want a process on how/where to go to change the outbound caller ID?
    For example, we have a number of lines of business and each has their own specific toll name and number, but we're changing our company name soon, so will have to update it.
    You just want how to go about doing that? Did I get the gist right?

Let me know

Monique Morel-Peseski
    Linde North America, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Toll free number - Caller ID name change

Posted 10-16-2018 09:34
    ​We set Caller ID display at the agent group level using Business Attributes.  This gives us flexibility to have many different TFNs and display names to suit different business needs.  This can be configured via Agent Setup or even GAX.

Bethany Han
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC

• 6.  RE: Toll free number - Caller ID name change

Posted 10-25-2018 08:54
    I agree with Bethany
    This is the easiest way to manage your toll free number, depending on which line(s) of business your agents need to identify themselves as.

** I find using agent setup is the easiest way to manage them

Monique Morel-Peseski
    Linde North America, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Toll free number - Caller ID name change

Posted 07-11-2019 11:42
    Agree with you Bethany.  We do it at the agent group level for most groups, but have certain teams where we drive this at the agent level.  All updated in Agent Setup.
    Some display an Agent's first name along with our organization's name.

• 8.  RE: Toll free number - Caller ID name change

Posted 07-10-2019 09:12
    I asked AT&T to update our CNAM and they advised that it isn't possible for a TFN to have CNAM as TFN's are really inbound only.

When making an outbound a "shadow" number is actually being used and then its displaying the CallerID.

There is so much variability in the CNAM process and allowing the receiving carrier determine the CNAM is a nightmare to try to manage.

Austin Brigham
    WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION

• 9.  RE: Toll free number - Caller ID name change

Posted 08-15-2019 12:46
    Has anyone found out how to change the CNAM (callerID Name) displayed to the receiving party?  We too have multiple CIDs defined depending on the line of business, agent group or Outbound Dialer campaign but they are only digits.  We wish to display a name (text) to the customer we are calling so they do not feel the call is spam and not take the call. 

From what I can gather from my research (if you can trust Google) is that the display on the receiving party's phone is determined by their end-point carrier. The only thing transmitted with a phone call in the U.S. is Caller ID (the telephone number).  If something other than Caller ID is displayed, it's coming from the receiving carrier.  The receiving carrier must do a database dip to get the CNAM but dips are not free, so not all carriers provide the service.  The huge challenge here is there is no central database used by all carriers providing CNAM and there are multiple vendors whose databases are of varying quality.   Does anyone know how to get on or update these databases? Is my carrier supposed to do this for me?

Davide Giglio
    FCA US LLC

• 10.  RE: Toll free number - Caller ID name change

Posted 08-15-2019 13:42
    Edited by Kevin Brown 01-17-2020 16:56

• 11.  RE: Toll free number - Caller ID name change

Posted 08-15-2019 14:49
    That company says they will not handle any 800 numbers in their FAQ's:

Handle any CNAM requests related to cell phone, residential, 800, 900 or non-US numbers.

Austin Brigham
    WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources