Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Composer performance

Posted 03-08-2016 16:48
    What can i do to improve composer performance?

When i generate callflows codes the delay is about 20 minutes, my callflow is large but how can i improve the performance?

I have a Core I5 processor 2.6 GHz, 4 GB RAM

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Composer performance

Posted 03-15-2016 20:45
    Assuming you are not on the latest version, you may want to try that. At this point, it is eclipse 4.5(Mars) and composer plugin 8.1.410.14.

If you think you are relatively up to date, you should open a case with Customer Care to look into this further. I haven’t seen any reports of anything like this before.

Thanks,
    Jody.

• 3.  RE: Composer performance

Posted 02-20-2020 05:33
    make new work space or delete the .metadata from your works pace, but please note that this is same as making new work space.

------------------------------
    Omar Elhawary

• 4.  RE: Composer performance

Posted 02-20-2020 09:04
    Dump the Trash.
     - In Eclipse, click Windows --> Preferences --> General --> Show Heap Status. Then click OK. At the bottom of the window frame, you will see the memory being used in the window (dynamically changing), then the total memory allocated next to that, then a little trash can. Composer can clean up its own memory a little bit when you click on the trash can to dump unused memory allocation.

Reboot your computer, THEN generate code.
     - In earlier versions of Composer (8.1.3.xxx) I also experienced a memory leak, where the used memory slowly grew after hours of development work until it was occupying more than 1 gig of RAM. After a reboot, it would initiate at closer to 400 meg.

Increase your RAM.
     - Since 2013, I have never used Composer with less than 8 gig and never had a speed problem with 16 gig of RAM.

Increase your processing power.
     - You will see your best performance on a dedicated virtual server, where you can get away with 4 gig of ram, but you are burning dual Xeon Gold 6150 processors at 2.7 ghz. (wide grin).

​Happy Coding!

Todd McCall
    Bank of America

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources