Latitude by Genesys - User Group

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Import New Business> Customer: Use From File....?

• 1.  Import New Business> Customer: Use From File....?

Posted 08-05-2020 16:53
    The documentation always seems to take the easiest path and never really goes into depth on the options.
    You can see what I mean in Configure a New Business Import File, where the instructions for getting Exchange to pick up the customer for an account from the file is non-existent.

If there is anyone that uses this radio button? I would appreciate some insight as to how it works. I've got a file where each account has a field that I've mapped to Master.Customer but it's not picking it up from there and this is the view I get from Import New Business.

#Exchange

------------------------------
    Kevin C Scharnhorst
    Receivable Solutions

• 2.  RE: Import New Business> Customer: Use From File....?

Posted 08-05-2020 17:09
    Hi Kevin,

Do you have any coding setup for the customer field in Exchange to do some type of lookup based on that value such as linking it to the alpha code on the customer table?

Thanks

Mike Spiegel
    TEC Services Group, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Import New Business> Customer: Use From File....?

Posted 08-05-2020 17:15
    Hey Mike, thanks for the quick response. I do have some coding setup to pull accounts that belong to a customer group and then determine which individual customer ID an account aught to map to. It looks like I had overlooked actually selecting the option to Use From File, and I now know pretty much for certain that all it does is look for the value mapped to Master.Customer in the mapping definitions.
    Thanks again!

Kevin C Scharnhorst
    Receivable Solutions

• 4.  RE: Import New Business> Customer: Use From File....?

Posted 08-05-2020 17:11
    Figured it out. I had a field I mapped from the import file to the Master.Customer field, but I still had the customer set to be provided on import ("prompt") instead of "Use From File". Once I selected the right radio button, it picked up my customer field mapping.

Kevin C Scharnhorst
    Receivable Solutions

• 5.  RE: Import New Business> Customer: Use From File....?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 08-06-2020 09:22
    I miss that step more times then I care to admit.  Glad it worked out for ya!

Jay McKenzie
    Balanced Healthcare