Latitude by Genesys - User Group

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

What reporting tools are you using?

• 1.  What reporting tools are you using?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 02-13-2020 18:16
    Some Latitude agencies use Crystal Reports through the Reporting Console, while others are using SSRS or some other such reporting tool.

I'm wondering what tools everyone else is using?  We have been trying to get input on which version of Crystal Reports to use for quite a while now, but have been unsuccessful in uncovering any information on this.  I'm hoping to get some input from my fellow Latitude users as to whether they have abandoned Crystal Reports altogether in favor of another tool, or if they are working through Crystal Reports as well.

We use Power BI and of course account analysis for the day-to-day queries, but for invoices, client statements, acknowledgements, etc., we still use Crystal Reports and just want to know if anyone else has any other tools they would recommend.

Any input at all would be greatly appreciated!
    #DesktopV10
    #AccountAnalysis/QueryTools
    #OtherToolsandUtillities
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Isaac Asher
    Eagle Recovery Associates, Inc.

• 2.  RE: What reporting tools are you using?

GCAP Member
    Posted 02-13-2020 18:21
    Edited by Dan Medina 02-13-2020 18:33
    SSRS w/ SSIS integration for generating the large jobs.
    We've also enhanced AA with custom conditions to make it more useful.
    Stopped using Crystal around 2009 when the platform only supported version 8.

PS: Its possible to automate invoicing through a stored procedure. Its also possible to recreate the invoices in SSRS and automate their generation through SSIS but it is involved.

Dan Medina
    Gulf Coast Collection Bureau, Inc.
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/danmedina1

• 3.  RE: What reporting tools are you using?

Posted 02-13-2020 18:23
    Welcome to the group Isaac! It’s great to have you here.

I know many of our clients use SSRS. Many also use a vendor, Provana, for detailed metric reporting. When it comes to invoicing if you want to keep it in Latitude you have to stick with Crystal Reports. To my knowledge 8.5 is the latest version that is supported. If you need this version let me know and I will get authorization from Latitude by Genesys to provide it to you...since it can’t be found anywhere anymore. :-)

I will be anxious to see others responses as to what they utilize.

John Everman
    (913) 302-9615
    (sent from my phone)

• 4.  RE: What reporting tools are you using?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 02-13-2020 18:35
    Thanks so much John.  Yes, I will take you up on that offer!  We purchased 8.5 but had to return it as the license key was no good.  At this point, I'm stuck on several CR projects until I can get the software installed, and EOM is fast approaching.... :)

This actually was my second post to the community on this topic, as no one replied to my first.  I'm starting to wonder if the majority of Latitude users have moved away from CR altogether, likely due to the lack of compatibility with modern versions, and this was the reason no one replied to my first question.

I hope Latitude sees these messages and at least considers revamping their Reporting Console in future releases to bring it up to date with modern versions.

In any event, yes please... I would greatly appreciate having something available as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Isaac Asher

• 5.  RE: What reporting tools are you using?

Posted 02-14-2020 08:29
    With the newer version (Service Updates) of Latitude 10 (SU 8 and up) you are not limited to the Crystal Reports version any longer, but writing custom reports in Crystal is a major pain.

I prefer SSRS, its much easier to write reports in, and you have a lot of flexibility with custom reports. Native tools for SQL (since its a microsoft server service) and the reports themselves can run a lot faster.

Eric Cartwright
    eric.cartwright@tecsg.com
    TEC Services Group, Inc.

• 6.  RE: What reporting tools are you using?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 02-14-2020 09:10
    Thanks for your input, Eric.  When you say "you are not limited to the Crystal Reports version any longer", does that mean that you created a Crystal Report using a modern version of CR and had it run successfully in Reporting Console?  If so, can I ask which version of CR you used for this?

Isaac Asher

• 7.  RE: What reporting tools are you using?

Posted 02-14-2020 09:16
    There is a SAP interface (the new owners of Crystal Reports) that you can install into Visual Studio professional / Community versions that will allow you to create / edit Crystal Reports.

When working with this SAP tool, you need to make sure you us the ODBC connection that is in the report already to maintain compatibility

Eric Cartwright
    eric.cartwright@tecsg.com
    TEC Services Group, Inc.