Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WDE v8.5 Install Package

Posted 03-19-2020 07:46
    Hello,

We have customized WDE version 8.5 using Visual Studio 2019.
    In our test platform I have simply copied the new DLL files into the WDE folder, then restarted for the changes to take effect.  For example the Genesyslab.Desktop.Modules.InteractionExtensionSample_CUSTOM.dll and Genesyslab.Desktop.Modules.InteractionExtensionSample_CUSTOM.module-config files were copied into D:\Program Files (x86)\GCTI\Workspace Desktop Edition folder.
    We now have a finalised version that I want to provide to the customer which will be installed in a virtual environment.  Our plan was to provide the system administrators with an installer package with customizations with which they can use to install (and perform future upgrades).  We dont have access to install or upgrade it ourselves.

I am trying to find out how best to do this, and options available.  
    1. Can I create the customized installer package using Visual Studio?  If so is there a process to follow available?
    2. or should we provide the customer with the original installer package, plus the dll/module-config (and any other custom) files and advise where they should be placed after installation?
    3. Any other option?

thanks.

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    WA
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources