Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  DTMF Issue

Posted 09-13-2021 08:11
    Hi Team

Today I configured new organization for new customer, and I used Sim Box as gateway to Enter the SIM card for inbound and outbound calls, and I pairing the Edge, and I tested Inbound and outbound call working fine, but after build the IVR and need to select any menu by DTMF, it not worked and the IVR stopped after the first Main Menu Prompt, It is this issue happened with any one?

I appreciate your support
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Sajed Salah
    Fourth Dimension Systems LLC

• 2.  RE: DTMF Issue

Posted 09-13-2021 13:57
    Hi Sajed, the first place I would check is in GenesysCloud under the trunk settings | Media section.  Set the DTMF payload to "101" and the DTMF method set to "RTP events".  Then on the Sim Box, make sure that the settings match (use RFC2833 with a payload of 101) and then test to see if the DTMF is recognized.

Hope this helps,
    Craig

• 3.  RE: DTMF Issue

Posted 09-14-2021 01:08
    Hi Craig

Thank you for your answer, In Genesys Org. in media setting the DTMF setting it right 101 and RTP Event, are you have experience in SIM box if you know where can check because I can't find any setting for DTMF?

Sajed Salah

• 4.  RE: DTMF Issue

Posted 09-14-2021 16:31
    Its been a while since I've played with one of those.  What model do you have?  We can probably find the manual online.

Thanks,
    Craig

• 5.  RE: DTMF Issue

Posted 09-15-2021 01:14
    Hi Craig

I think the issue from genesys because in SIM box configuration I trying both options, and still the same:

Sajed Salah

• 6.  RE: DTMF Issue

Posted 09-15-2021 04:40
    Hi Sajed,

Those DTMF's could be really a headache, I know this from experience. There could be a lot of things like payload, RTPEvents sequence nos. digit duration and other factors. I would suggest to start with Wireshark and look into SDP offers and RTP packets to dig into the issue. I believe you'll find the mismatching things there and can work ahead to resolve the issue. Most of the time is tweaking your gateway the solution ;).
    If it remains same contact customer care.

Kind regards,

Asad Saqlain

• 7.  RE: DTMF Issue

Posted 09-15-2021 04:48
    Thank you Asad

I think something wrong in genesys because:

After check with carrier, the DTMF is out-of-band RFC 2833 and the RTP payload type 101, kindly see the attached file.

And after put the DTMF method in cloud RTP Event, it never work, but when change to In-band Audio or none some times work but after delay, thank you so much

Sajed Salah

• 8.  RE: DTMF Issue

Posted 09-15-2021 05:08

Hi Sajed,

By default Genesys Cloud trunk is also set to use RTP Events (RFC2833 out-band) with payload type 101 (but it can also carry 102 e.g. when you're using opus as a codec) as a DTMF method. If you didn't change that I would suggest to keep that same in your gateway and after doing a test call look into the captured Wireshark. There you should find the related info in SDP offers and RTP packets.

Kind regards,

Asad Saqlain

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources