Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Programmatically update queue members

Posted 07-29-2019 11:45
    Hello,

We have a need to add an agent to a specific queue daily from lets say 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM daily to help when other agents are going to lunch. Currently we are doing this manually. Is there a way to do this programmatically or any clever workarounds for this need?

Thanks
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Ben Marthin
    Vehicle Service Group, LLC

• 2.  RE: Programmatically update queue members

GENESYS
    Posted 08-05-2019 10:01
    Hi Ben,

My friend, I have good news for you! Your question was discussed on the most recent episode of the PureCloud Community Q&A Show. Check it out here!

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Coordinator

• 3.  RE: Programmatically update queue members

GENESYS
    Posted 08-05-2019 12:53
    I experimented with

Setting "joined": false deactivated the agent on the queue, setting "joined": true activated the agent on the queue.

You would have to create a full script to authenticate, get a token, and run the functionality. Then have node.js or Python installed on a server somewhere, or use PowerShell, and run the script on a scheduled basis using Task Scheduler in Windows or something similar.

As an aside, I do a lot of this timed functionality using Handlers on my PureConnect server, using the REST Tools. For those of you who know/use PureConnect and want to integrate with PureCloud.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources