PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Possible to change skillset on manual transfer?

Posted 12-13-2019 13:40
    Hello all.

This is my first post here.  This is probably a newbie question.

We have recently created additional work group ques to improve metrics and reporting.

In our call tree in Attendant when a caller chooses an option, the attribute Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupSkills is set to the new corresponding skillset.

If an agent transfers the call to another que, the skillset us unchanged. 

What I need to know if this can be done and if so point me in the right direction.

Thank you everyone.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Sean Martin
    State of California - University of California - UCPath

• 2.  RE: Possible to change skillset on manual transfer?

Posted 12-13-2019 14:18
    There's a feature in attendant that if you name an attendant profile the same as your workgroup, when agents initiate a workgroup transfer in their client, it will use the attendant profile instead of transferring directly to queue.  You can put your  skill modifications in the attendant profile and then end the profile with your queue operation to the desired workgroup.

The nice thing about this is that you still get the queue stats on transfer when you pull up the workgroup in the client (calls waiting, agents available, etc) unlike if you just directly used transfer profiles in attendant (which is also an option).

Here is the snippet from the attendant help guide with the relevant part highlighted:

Profile names should not contain the name of a workgroup
    Please ensure that your profile name does not contain the name of a workgroup. If it does, a loop can occur, since the Find
    toolstep (step 162) in the InteractionAttendantEntryPoint handler checks the target workgroup name against profile names
    on a voicemail transfer request.
    For example, a profile named "Acme - 1234" with only a Default Schedule which contains a single default action of
    transferring the caller to voicemail for workgroup "Acme" won't appear to work due to the find step in
    InteractionAttendantEntryPoint. That part of the handler compares the target workgroup to all profile names. Since
    workgroup name "Acme" is embedded in the profile name "Acme - 1234", the call will end up back at the profile which
    attempts to send it back to the workgroup's voicemail which sends it back to the profile.
    This behavior is intentional and is not a bug. It is part of a workgroup transfer overload feature that forces workgroup
    transfers to go through an Attendant profile beginning in the same name as the workgroup. The feature is intended to allow a
    single place for defining ACD wait behavior no matter how the workgroup call is placed.

As always, test this in your dev environment to ensure it meets your requirements.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Possible to change skillset on manual transfer?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-13-2019 15:12
    Edited by Sean Martin 12-13-2019 16:39

Thank you for your quick, informative response.

Basically, if I am understanding this right, I would create new profiles in attendant with the same name as the workgroup.  Transfers to this workgroup then move the interaction to this new profile where I can then set the skillset with an Set attribute operation then group transfer to the workgroup of the same name.

But then I see "Profile names should not contain the name of a workgroup" so now I am a bit confused.

So lets say I have a workgroup que name "UCPC-Third Party".  I would create an attendant profile with the same name and manual transfers from an agent to this que will send the interaction to this profile.  Is this right?

Thanks!

Sean Martin

• 4.  RE: Possible to change skillset on manual transfer?

Posted 12-13-2019 15:16
    That warning is about using workgroup names in profiles not intended for this purpose, as it is easy to accidentally create an infinite loop.  You would be creating the profile with the specific intent to use the overload feature.  Like I said though, you absolutely want to test this out in development first.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: Possible to change skillset on manual transfer?

Posted 12-13-2019 16:22
    Thank you clearing up that warning.

Was I correct in the way I would set up new profiles?

Sean Martin

• 6.  RE: Possible to change skillset on manual transfer?

Posted 12-13-2019 16:35
    Based on my experiences, yes.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 7.  RE: Possible to change skillset on manual transfer?

Posted 12-13-2019 16:40
    Thank you very much for your assistance.

I will give this a shot.

Sean Martin

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources