PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Formatting text from a chatbot and inserting to ICWS chat

Posted 09-10-2019 07:50
    Hi everyone,

I have a customer using a 3rd party chatbot on the front end.  When the customer no longer wants to talk to the ChatBot the chat can be sent over to a human.

What would be the best way of getting the chat history of the chatbot into the human chat so that it looks nice?
    I do receive the Chatbot text as an attribute, so there is no problem getting the text itself and injecting it, as is, to the start of the human chat using the "Send Text" tool step.  But is very chaotic because there are no breaks or separators.  

My only possible solution would be to use a loop to inject separately each line of a list, but this could become heavy for long chats, right and probably not the ideal solution.  But the only thing I can think of.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this, and could possibly offer some insight?
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 2.  RE: Formatting text from a chatbot and inserting to ICWS chat

GENESYS
    Posted 09-19-2019 13:10
    Edited by Cole Callahan 09-19-2019 13:11
    Hi Egill!

Thanks for posting your question! @Chuck Rasmussen provides some insight in the first episode of the PureConnect Community Q&A Show!​ You can check it out here!

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Coordinator

• 3.  RE: Formatting text from a chatbot and inserting to ICWS chat

Posted 09-19-2019 16:41
    Thanks for the pointer Cole,

Unfortunately, the answer has nothing to do with the question :)

Piping the text to a Word document will not insert it automatically into the ICWS webchat. So the question still remains.

Thanks for thinking of me and featuring my question in your segment :)

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 4.  RE: Formatting text from a chatbot and inserting to ICWS chat

GENESYS
    Posted 09-20-2019 00:53
    Hi Egill,
    For each of the 4 chatbots we currently support (Lex, DialogFlow, Intelligent Automation, and Watson) there are configurations you can set so that when the chat session is transferred to an agent, the chat history is sent along with it. It should display the same way as if it were transferred from another agent.

Please refer to our help documentation on which properties to set for your particular bot. https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_basl_connect/desktop/widgets_plugins_configuration.htm

Andy Kauffman
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Formatting text from a chatbot and inserting to ICWS chat

Posted 09-20-2019 04:06
    Thanks a lot Andy, 

But my customer is using ICWS, original IC chat, not the widget and Since it has been heavily customized it is going to be difficult to transition over to the Widget style for now, but it is definitely something we are looking at.

So I am thinking my only options are probably through the API somehow, and not the Handlers?

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 6.  RE: Formatting text from a chatbot and inserting to ICWS chat

GENESYS
    Posted 09-20-2019 05:47
    We have some web chat APIs currently in preview that you can use. If you reference our Community Technology Preview documentation and take a look at the /icws/web-chat/start API method you should be able to populate the chatHistory parameter when you initiate a chat with an agent.

Andy Kauffman
    Genesys - Employees
    Director of Development - PureConnect Web Applications

• 7.  RE: Formatting text from a chatbot and inserting to ICWS chat

Posted 11-08-2019 05:09
    Hi Andy,

We are still having some problems with this issue, and I just keep getting pointed to the documentation, and we are not finding the correct information needed to continue :(

I have a 3rd party Bot (Boost.ai) and I am working with their developers in trying to connect the systems.  Is there anywhere we can see what exactly is needed to make the two talk to each other?  Is there any information on what exactly and how things should be set up on the Chatbot side of things so that it can pass information over to IC?  We are already looking at ICWS documentation, and we have tried using the information there, but it seems to have no effect on what is going on.

Do you have any example bots and code that you could share with me? So we would at least have some idea about the steps needed to implement a handover from a chatbot to a human using IC chat? Preferably both ICWS and the widget.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 8.  RE: Formatting text from a chatbot and inserting to ICWS chat

GENESYS
    Posted 11-08-2019 08:11
    Hi Egill,

Since Boost.ai is not one of the 3rd party bots we currently support there probably isn't going to be documentation for your particular case. We do have plans to add generic 3rd party bot support at some point, but it is not currently on our roadmap. I would suggest contacting our Professional Services team to see if they can help you out.

Andy Kauffman
    Genesys - Employees
    Director of Development - PureConnect Web Applications

• 9.  RE: Formatting text from a chatbot and inserting to ICWS chat

Posted 02-24-2021 11:08
    Hi Egill, 

im just asking if you find any answeres for your question "how to integrat 3rd party bot to wedget "  since i have tha same case and i cant find any decumant that answer this question , and i open a case support with support team but no help since the 3rd party bot integration not supported !!!

Mohammad Tawalbeh
    Fourth Dimension Systems

• 10.  RE: Formatting text from a chatbot and inserting to ICWS chat

Posted 02-24-2021 11:33

Hi, 

No I have not received any answers from Genesys regarding this. But the chatbot we are using has the capability to call APIs, we just use ICWS, and it works really well.  Except if the chat payload is big, then it will sometimes fail, and this a known issue, since the buffer size is just something like 15kb.

It kind of depends on the capabilities of the bot.  But if you send a message Body like this(herer below) to /icws/web-chat/start
    The chat will start with the correctly formated text.  I hope this helps.

You can find more on it in the ICWS documentation:

https://help.genesys.com/developer/cic/docs/icws/webhelp/icws/web-chat/start/index.htm#post

{
        "supportedContentTypes""text/html",
        "participantName""Egill Árni Pálsson",
        "transcriptRequired"false,
        "emailAddress""",
        "targetName""CustomerCenter",
        "targetType""Workgroup",
        "clientToken""deprecated",
        "language""en-us",
        "chatHistory": [{"displayName""Customer",
                      "message""Hæ! My name is.......",
                      "participantType""System",
                      "timestamp""2020-10-12 16:38:36.911746+00:00"},
                     {"displayName""Customer",
                      "message""Please don't send data...... bla bla bla.",
                      "timestamp""2020-10-12 16:38:36.911746+00:00"},
                     {"displayName""Customer",
                      "message""Ok look here, this is a text",
                      "timestamp""2020-10-12 16:38:36.911746+00:00"}
        ]
    }

Egill Palsson
    Advania Sverige AB

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources