Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Schedule Adherence

Posted 10-29-2020 11:07
    No replies, thread closed.
    Our company is ramping up with scheduled adherence and would like to download employee information in this area.  Is there a report?  Also can an agent see their adherence in "My Performance" tab?
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 2.  RE: Schedule Adherence

GENESYS
    Posted 10-30-2020 09:20
    Edited by Chip Funk 10-30-2020 09:20
    Hi Lisa,

Implementing Schedule Adherence is perhaps the most critical change management activity in a contact center.  Done poorly, your agents will hate it.  Done appropriately, it is an extremely valuable measurement for your customers, your contact center and your agents.  Why, you might ask.  The answer is simple.  There are few metrics in the contact center that agents can personally and tangibly influence. If done well, it drives the right agent behaviors and it is difficult to trick an adherence measurement.  Many other metrics you can use to evaluate an agent can be easily manipulated or agents have limited ability to really influence.  Quality is king, but adherence to schedule is a close second.  A few key tips:
    • Logically establish your adherence measurement - out of adherence conditions happen in a contact center and that should be expected, agents get stuck on calls, agents need to feel empowered to take five when they need to for themselves, supervisor's might ask an agent to go off queue for a moment,  etc.  It is important to establish a reasonable amount of out of adherence time your organization will tolerate.  Don't arbitrarily set a high adherence target that will surely sink what you are attempting to accomplish or you will turn your real time management resources into schedule exception processing robots. That result serves no one.  
    • When rolling out adherence communicate, communicate, communicate!  This is critical, agents need to understand the measure, how your are calculating it and most importantly they need to understand the bullet above. My experience in contact centers I have led when agent understand bullet one, they drive there own adherence up!
    • Adherence to schedule is a critical component to the success of your center and your ability to achieve continuous improvement in your planning practice.  
    If you can't explain the goal, how you are measuring the agent, how you are being reasonable (see bullet one) and how they can influence their own success, you will lose the agents in the process.  

Currently agents are not able to view their own adherence in the performance view.  Not sure if that is coming on the roadmap.  

Sorry for the very long explanation, but my hope is that helps you and I applaud your movement down this path.

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Schedule Adherence

Posted 11-04-2020 09:31
    I think adding the schedule adherence metric to the Agent My Performance would be powerful.  They can currently see their status and schedule and aligning the two would show them the disparity.

Is the only reporting in Historical Adherence?

Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources