Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Architect attributes set and API view of Conversation and Debugging

Posted 10-18-2019 11:55
    I am wondering if there is a better way to view the attributes I set on a call flow.

I build and test a lot of call flows and we pass the work to customers who do their UAT testing. In order to better debug my call flows, I have gotten in the habit of setting attributes with Set Participant Data action at the different points in the call flow that might tell me decision logic branches taken, Data Action values, Collect Input results, etc. When I have unexpected results, or a customer reports with their UAT testing that the call flow didn't respond as they expected, I look in the PureCloud API at the Conversation and see the attributes I have set to determine what went wrong and how to fix it.

Here's a screenshot of a view of a conversation in the PureCloud API. You see the attributes I set there, I prepend each attribute name with "attr" in the Set Participant Data action and they show up here in the API.

What I am wondering is if there is some way to put these in sequence of how they were created in the call flow, as the call progressed? They don't appear to be sequential or alphabetical now, but randomly listed in the API view. It would be easier to just follow the attributes I set in a sequential fashion as the call progressed.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Or is there some completely different method of viewing attributes or how you might debug a call flow.

conversation attributes

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #DigitalChannels
    #Handlers
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Outbound
    #PlatformAdministration
    #QualityManagement
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Security
    #Self-Service
    #SIP/VolP
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other
    #PureCloud QA Episode

------------------------------
    Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 2.  RE: Architect attributes set and API view of Conversation and Debugging

GENESYS
    Posted 10-18-2019 11:57
    Edited by Cole Callahan 10-23-2019 11:00
    You could include the timestamp in the attribute value.  That wouldn't sort them but you would know the order they occurred.

Or you could make the attribute name the stamp followed by the real name.  I can't promise they would be listed in the correct order but it would be easier for you to sort them since the timestamps are aligned.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Architect attributes set and API view of Conversation and Debugging

Posted 10-18-2019 12:07
    Melissa,
    How would you include the timestamp?
    The attribute name can actually be set with an expression, I might do it there and see if that make it list sequentially in the API, something like "<timestamp>attrDebug1".
    But what function would you use to do that? and to make it readable?

Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 4.  RE: Architect attributes set and API view of Conversation and Debugging

GENESYS
    Posted 10-18-2019 12:21
    ToString(GetCurrentDateTimeUtc())  will write it in the form 2019-10-18T16:15:57.376Z.   This it the UTC time so you'll have to remember your offset.  If you don't want to have to remember that, you could alter the timestamp written, see https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/datetime-values-in-architect-flows-and-daylight-savings-time-dst-calculations/ for examples.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Architect attributes set and API view of Conversation and Debugging

Posted 10-18-2019 12:30
    Thanks Melissa,

I went ahead and tried the UTC time stamp but it doesn't seem to put sort the list of attributes in the API Conversation view according to the time stamp. Here's the results on a test call in my dev system.

},
    "attributes": {
    "2019-10-18T16:25:38.480Z: attrCollectInput1Results": "Fail",
    "2019-10-18T16:25:42.862Z: attrCollectInput3Results": "Success",
    "2019-10-18T16:25:40.622Z: attrCollectInput2Results": "Success",
    "attrUUIData": "not available"
    },

Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 6.  RE: Architect attributes set and API view of Conversation and Debugging

GENESYS
    Posted 10-18-2019 12:42
    Yeah I said I couldn't promise that it would be sorted.  But now you can copy that into a notepad and fix the order pretty easily

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Architect attributes set and API view of Conversation and Debugging

Posted 10-18-2019 12:46
    Right, maybe I just need to take the leap and try to learn how to build a web service to read the API and list out the attributes in order. hmmm....

Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources