Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  MS Teams Integration - Groups Sync - Assigning licenses to contacts

Posted 01-26-2021 13:18
    We are working on getting the MS Teams integration up and running.  We have gotten to the point where the Azure is syncing a group over to Genesys.  Still don't have the mappings right so don't see the Teams icon or Teams presence information.

My question here is specific to the group that is getting synchronized.  What we are noticing is that the contacts in that group are automatically being added in to Genesys as people and as such are being assigned the "employee" role and a Communicate license.  This is a problem since the contacts being synchronized from Azure are just intended to be contact, not Genesys agents.

Is there a way to keep this from happening so that we don't have to constantly prune our role assignments?  it even seems that when I remove the role and deactivate the user, they seem to retain a Collaborate license.

Thank you,
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Kelly Lewis
    ATC IP LLC

• 2.  RE: MS Teams Integration - Groups Sync - Assigning licenses to contacts

GENESYS
    Posted 01-27-2021 10:57
    Hi Kelly - I believe @Clifton Jones responded to your question/concern on this in the other thread with Martin, but I'll repost his reply here as well:

I looked into this and can explain what is going on.  When you use SCIM to create a new user, there is currently no way to give the Genesys Cloud SCIM endpoint information on a Genesys Cloud role.  As a result, it does not supply any roles during the user creation, resulting in assignment of the default role `employee`.  You would need a way to provide a role name on the SCIM provider mapping that maps to a Genesys Cloud role. I'll raise this as a request for enhancement.  As a workaround, if you do not have SSO setup for the tenant on Genesys Cloud and do not set their password on the newly created account, they will not be able to login and will not count against that product license.

Also, you said in your comment here that the users being synced are getting 'Communicate' license, but then later said 'Collaborate' - just wanted to be clear that it should be Collaborate (an unpaid license) and not Communicate (a paid license).

Lastly, can you help me understand what impact this is having for you?  You mentioned 'compliance' in your other response and 'pruning role assignments' in this comment, and I am trying to understand what the underlying concern is for these users having 'employee' role and Collaborate (free) licenses is.  This will help us understand the requirement for SCIM enhancement if needed.

trey buck
    Genesys - Employees
    Senior Product Manager

• 3.  RE: MS Teams Integration - Groups Sync - Assigning licenses to contacts

Posted 01-27-2021 16:23
    In Attribute Mapping do you need to select Create.  Is this necessary to have this done.   This would stop the issue of new users being added into Genesys Cloud People.   I assume if there they are not created in GC you would still be able to search for them in Teams?   Just wondering.  Thanks.

Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 4.  RE: MS Teams Integration - Groups Sync - Assigning licenses to contacts

GENESYS
    Posted 01-27-2021 16:33
    Edited by trey buck 01-27-2021 16:33

With the current design of the integration, we are mirroring/copying Teams user accounts into GC.  So yes, the attributes need to be created and saved in Azure SCIM mapping, and those mappings are assigned to the GC user accounts.  Specifically, the objectId mapping "authority eq "microsoftteams"" tells GC that the user account is associated with the Teams integration and has a Teams account, and we use that ID to look up the user's presence in Teams.

trey buck
    Genesys - Employees
    Senior Product Manager

• 5.  RE: MS Teams Integration - Groups Sync - Assigning licenses to contacts

Posted 01-27-2021 16:42
    Thanks Trey.  I am still struggling to get the Teams Logo showing in the new Teams users created in GC and to show their presence.   I have a ticket open but Support came back today and said for this functionality it requires SIP trunking which is not my understanding.  I am supposed to be providing a demo next week to a new customer showing Teams Integration.  I am still not positive what we get without the SIP trunking, and this is taking too much time trying to get this to work.

Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 6.  RE: MS Teams Integration - Groups Sync - Assigning licenses to contacts

Posted 01-27-2021 16:54
    Thank you Trey!  Sorry for splitting the thread.

We are seeing "Collaborate" not "Communicate" so I think we are all good there.

My main concern was impacting our license "compliance" but since the Collaborate don't count against us I think we are good.

Would be great if all of these contacts didn't get added as users but I can deal with it.

We aren't getting the full Teams integration yet either but we can transfer via our SBC which is half the battle.  I am guessing we need to fix the mappings at this point. I will have to schedule an Azure resource on our side to do that in the next couple of days..

Kelly Lewis
    ATC IP LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources