Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  New "Update Licenses" window

Posted 08-20-2019 15:34
    Is this "Update Licenses" window something new? Has anyone else seen this?

I had one of my customers contact me after they started adding new PureCloud users. This window popped up and they got concerned that they were running out of licenses. Checking their PureCloud Admin > Subscription information, it looks like they have plenty. But we had never seen this window before. Is this some new feature? I couldn't find anything about it in a Release Note.

window that pops into PureCloud Admin interface as you add new users

#PlatformAdministration
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 2.  RE: New "Update Licenses" window

GENESYS
    Posted 08-20-2019 15:48
    PureCloud has been doing that (or at least similar) for quite some time--warning when you apply a Role that requires a License to go into effect. 

There is an option in the org settings to turn off automatic assignment of licenses to match the role permission requirements...maybe you turn that off for most orgs and it does away with this pop? I'm not sure on that one.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: New "Update Licenses" window

GENESYS
    Posted 08-21-2019 12:23
    Greg,

Another Community thread popped up talking about this. It seems to be a new behavior in the People container when you add or edit users. When you edit a user, even if you change something like auto-answer (or change nothing at all) this warning pops every time you click Save.

So, yes, new behavior. Folks are opening cases with Care for visibility. I have given the Dev team a heads-up.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: New "Update Licenses" window

Posted 08-21-2019 12:27

Thanks George.

I opened a Support case also.

Its not really causing a problem for the customer. Just a major annoyance. They get the Update Licenses window even if they just look inside a PureCloud User account.

Greg Beal

Implementation Engineer

O

M

http://info.spanlink.com/hubfs/Email_images/C1-EmailSignature-logo_160px.png

3344 Highway 149
    Eagan, MN 55121

gbeal@convergeone.com

NOTICE: This email message and any attachments hereto may contain confidential
    information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of such
    information is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
    the sender by reply email and destroy the original message and all copies of it.

• 5.  RE: New "Update Licenses" window

Posted 08-23-2019 11:03
    This has been identified as a bug (as per my support ticket) on Monday.  Development has been working on it

It is happening with ANY change to the user account,  or just trying to resave it.

[Erin] [Neufeld]
    [Business Systems Analyst]
    [Kal Tire]

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources