PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SIP Soft Phone will only provision when run as admin.

Posted 07-28-2020 11:06
    We have had a couple of computers that we installed SSP, and it is only able to register when run with as admin. We have tried uninstall and reinstall, and the results are the same. We have a theory that the computers were renamed in Active Directory, and that is somehow affecting the registration. Any help would be appreciated!
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Nathan Timberlake
    Georgia United Credit Union

• 2.  RE: SIP Soft Phone will only provision when run as admin.

Posted 07-29-2020 02:47
    I had the same effect. This is because the Softphone cannot write his certificate into the filesystem, because the directory is not writeable for the user. You can try to use another directory by setting the environment variable e.g. "ININ_Certificates=C:\Softphone\Certificates\ININ_Certificates.xml". You must enter a filename here, not a directory.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 3.  RE: SIP Soft Phone will only provision when run as admin.

Posted 07-29-2020 08:40
    Do I make the change in "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interactive Intelligence\Certificates"?

Nathan Timberlake

• 4.  RE: SIP Soft Phone will only provision when run as admin.

Posted 07-29-2020 09:10
    It is an Environment variable. I our installation it was not needed to modify the registry.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 5.  RE: SIP Soft Phone will only provision when run as admin.

Posted 07-29-2020 10:10
    I am not sure what you mean by Environment Variable. How and where do I change that?

Nathan Timberlake

• 6.  RE: SIP Soft Phone will only provision when run as admin.

Posted 07-30-2020 07:20
    1. Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\System" (or hit Windows Key and the Pause Key).
    2. On the "System Properties" page that opens, click the "Environment Variables..." button.In the lower portion of the dialog, under the "System variables" textbox click "New..." if no installation has been performed yet. Otherwise, click "New...".
      • In the case of a new installation, enter "ININ_Certificates" in the "Variable name" textbox, and the filesystem path to the folder to contain the certificates in the "Variable value" textbox.. For example, on my home computer, it's set to "D:\Program Files (x86)\Interactive Intelligence\Certificates\DESKTOP-0GLM9RI_ININ_Certificates.xml" (no surrounding quotes). Note -- "DESKTOP-0GLM9RI_" is my computer's name, so modify accordingly.
        Click "Ok".
      • In the case of an existing installation, scroll through the "System variables" textbox until you find the "ININ_Certificates" variable, click "Edit", and modify the variable value as above. 

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

• 7.  RE: SIP Soft Phone will only provision when run as admin.

Posted 07-30-2020 07:26
    You can double-check the setting by opening a command prompt and entering: set | find "ININ_Certificates"

If the variable exists, you'll see the current value. If it doesn't exist, the find command will return nothing.

Wayne Rhodeback
    Astute, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources