Posted 02-13-2020 09:51
    Hello Team,

We've configured an speechminer with the following hierarchy: 

/
    /Sales
    /Customerservices
    /Support
    /Others

Now, only administrator can see/list outbound calls in Speechminer. 

Our customer is requesting that other user will be able to see outbound calls. 

i.e: Supervisor added to / are able to see/list/hear outbound calls, but other people don't. If  I add user to / they are able to hear it, but our customer doesn't want to add all supervisor to /. 

What role or how can I configure speechminer in order that supervisors will be able to see outbound calls in their own hierarchy? Like: /Sales

Thank you very much for your time. 

Best,
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Outbound
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Sebastian Valenzuela
    CrossNet S.A.

• 2.  RE: List outbound calls in Speechminer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-13-2020 13:55
    Hi Sebastian,

I made some tests, and the Agent Hierarchy is supposed to work even for Outbound calls. RPS will receive that information and pass it out to InteractionReceiver, which will store it as the Workgroup. You can check what information RPS is sending to IR (you can look into RPS logs for the call's JSON, in the "accessgroups" key).

Also, it might be worth checking what's configured in the 'agent_hierarchy' option for the agents...

Hope that helps,

Rafael Marciano

• 3.  RE: List outbound calls in Speechminer

Posted 02-13-2020 14:57
    Hello Rafael,

Thank you for your time and feedback. I've talked with our customer and explained that, because options for agents and applications are working OK. 

He explained me that he request was: 

They don't want to add their supervisor to /. They want to keep them into their own sections:

/Sales
    /Support
    Etc

But they want that supervisor will be able to see all outbound calls from all agents and hierarchy groups. (I don't know why, but this is what they are requesting). 
    I've explained them that since this is hierarchy, this is not possible, unless if we add agents to /.

What do you think about this request? It is possible to configure what they are requesting?

Gracias.

Sebastian Valenzuela
    CrossNet S.A.

• 4.  RE: List outbound calls in Speechminer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-13-2020 19:55
    Edited by Matt Lawson 07-29-2020 08:44
    The good news: It is possible.
    The bad news: it is not possible with the OOB WDE (if this is the Agent Desktop you are using), and it might require significant changes in the whole configuration.

GIR only works with two possible settings when it comes to access control: Agent Hierarchy and Partitions

Agent Hierarchy is an access control performed at Object (Agent) level, while Partitions is an access control performed at Interaction level. Basically, what your customer is asking you is an access control which is based on Interaction Type (Inbound / Outbound) level, which GIR doesn't have it.

The only solution I could think of is to stop using Agent Hierarchy and start using Partitions. To set up Partitions, you have to modify all your Routing Applications / Strategies to add a new KVP as UserData (GRECORD_PARTITIONS = /Sales for example). That will replace your Agent Hierarchy completely for routed Inbound calls only.

For anything other than Inbound calls that come from a Routing Application / Strategy... you will need to make customizations in your Agent Desktop application (yes, I'm talking about SDK).

For Outbound calls, you will need to intercept the RequestMakeCall message so you can add the GRECORD_PARTITIONS KVP before the dialing occurs.
    In Summary: You intercept the Request message and add a KVP like: GRECORD_PARTITIONS = /Outbound and add all Supervisors to the /Outbound Access Group.

That's the only way I can think you will be able to do this. And please have in mind that this approach is far from being perfect, because:
    • You will have to add this KVP via customization for every Interaction Type (Outbound, Internal, Consult) manually in your Agent Desktop Application.
    • If the agents have physical Phones and they decide to make the calls directly from the phone (without using the Agent Desktop), you're ruined (because there will be no T-Lib requests with the GRECORD_PARTITIONS key you need to attach, hence no Partitions will be assigned to that call).
    • The maintenance effort is much greater in comparison to working with the traditional Agent Hierarchy.
    • Possibly you will also need to modify the columns that are displayed in SpeechMiner (when you use Partitions, the Workgroup column only displays "Default Workgroup", so you will have to make sure that the Partitions KVP is sent out to SpeechMiner's DB so it can be displayed there).

Hope that helps,

Rafael Marciano

• 5.  RE: List outbound calls in Speechminer

Posted 02-17-2020 10:24
    Hello Rafael, 

Thank you very much for your time and complete answer. I'll review this with our team in order to analyze if this big change can be implemented or not (For time, effort, etc). This looks like to be a big change into the platform. The explanation is very clear, so I'll review this with my team. Thanks again for your answer and I'll be in touch if I got some question.

Have a good day.

best,
    Sebastián.

Sebastian Valenzuela
    CrossNet S.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources