Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Use Web Services REST API to raise a User Event

Posted 01-07-2021 16:20
    We have implemented Web Services and Applications 8.5.202.71 and are developing an application that leverages the Web Services REST API it provides.

We have a use case that requires our application to raise a User Event with a variety of KVPairs for both reporting purposes and for other custom applications to respond to. The User Event must be independent of a voice call.

The VoiceAPI documentation (https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/HTCC/8.5.2/API/VoiceAPI) doesn't seem to provide any way to raise a User Event. There is a SetCallDisposition operation which does raise a User Event and we thought we could use that and pass in other KVPairs but those KVPairs are discarded.

We have reviewed the other APIs offered by Web Services and there seems to be no way a custom User Event can be raised by a third-party application. Web Services clearly has the ability to raise User Events as the Voice API offers SetCallDisposition and the Outbound API offers UpdateRecord, CompleteRecord, etc.

Workspace Web Edition (WWE) is not involved in our solution stack so the ServiceClientAPI is not an option.

Does anyone know how to use the Web Services REST API to raise a User Event independent of any other interaction and which includes a variable number of KVPairs. Thanks.

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #GenesysEngageDev
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Mark Skelsey
    Ministry of Social Development (WINZ)

• 2.  RE: Use Web Services REST API to raise a User Event

Posted 01-08-2021 01:37
    Rest API call of "SetCallDisposition" works fine. I've used it. In fact I called multiple times after call disconnect. I guess you should check ICON settings.
    - Ravikant

Ravikant Chaudhary
    Adobe Systems

• 3.  RE: Use Web Services REST API to raise a User Event

GENESYS
    Posted 01-08-2021 12:05
    Hi Mark,

What is the use case that you are building?  I assume you are looking for something along the lines of a CommDN where applications can publish to the CommDN and subscribers registered on that CommDN can receive those published events.

GWS is not as flexible as the general purpose Platform SDK on which it is built.  GWS was purpose built to be the API behind WWE, and WWE never needed that functionality to send a UserEvent to a DN that agent wasn't registered on.  I know of no way to build a general purpose publish/subscribe mechanism using the GWS API.

With that said there are two options:

1. You can create your own simple web service using either the Platform SDK or even a simple pub/sub library for NodeJS and use that in conjunction with GWS.  You'd use GWS for the everyday agent stuff, and this side pub/sub service for the out-of-band communication mechanism you are trying to develop.

2. If you happen to have Genesys Mobile Engagement, specifically a GMS node available, then you can use the GMS Notification API's customHTTP publish/subscribe mechanism to have applications publish events on a topic and other subscribes will receive those events: https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/GMS/latest/API/NotificationAPI

Hopefully those will help you accomplish your goal.  If not, then post back and we can brainstorm some more.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources