Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SMTP Integration not working

Posted 09-02-2020 15:15
    We set up an SMTP server integration in order to send out emails using our own domain. I realize this is a newer feature, but ever since we set it up (in May) we have been running into issues and never have been able to actually send messages using our domain (O365).

Is there anyone who has gotten this feature to actually work? Is there some configuration we need to do on the Microsoft end?
    #Integrations
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Nick Smith

• 2.  RE: SMTP Integration not working

Posted 09-02-2020 18:44
    Edited by Blayne Mathieu 09-02-2020 18:44

• 3.  RE: SMTP Integration not working

Posted 09-02-2020 23:05
    Hi Nick
    I had the same questions. With a bit of messing about(so far) ive discovered this seems to work.

OFFICE 365 SMTP SETTINGS
    Server Address: smtp.office365.com.
    Username: Your Office 365 Address (e.g. example@yourdomain.com)
    Password: Your Office 365 Password.
    Port Number: 587 (With TLS)
    Authentication: Required.

This allows you to send emails from the O365 account username. You can add this account to the Genesys Cloud email address list to test this.

To send emails from other email accounts there seems to be a bit more messing about required.
    The only way ive found to do this is using a separate O365 shared mailbox with 'Send as' permission granted to the user. (Username above)
    So , for example, setup a shared mailbox Sales@domain.com on the o365 Admin center ( under Groups/Shared mailboxes)
    Add the user that your using for authentication into that group as a member. That should give the user SendAs permissions for the group email address
    Add the O365 shared mailbox address to the Genesys Cloud email domain and as the outgoing address on one of your Queues.
    test.
    The email I sent ended up in the recipients Spam folder, so theres still some kinks to work out.

Hope this helps a little

Brian Allison
    Spark NZ Trading

• 4.  RE: SMTP Integration not working

Posted 05-19-2021 21:59

Hi All,

Also looking at connecting Office365 and have tried what Brian listed above, but keep getting "The integration credentials are not valid":

I've confirmed the credentials are correct. As there's no helpful error information from Genesys Cloud - I found a Powershell SMTP test (example code below):

$EmailFrom = "myaccount@domain.com"
    $EmailTo = "emailaddress@domain.com"
    $Subject = "Test from O365 SMTP"
    $Body = "Test from O365 SMTP Authentication"
    $SMTPServer = "smtp.office365.com"
    $SMTPClient = New-Object Net.Mail.SmtpClient($SmtpServer, 587)
    $SMTPClient.EnableSsl = $true
    $SMTPClient.Credentials = New-Object System.Net.NetworkCredential("myaccount@domain.com", "*****");
    $SMTPClient.Send($EmailFrom, $EmailTo, $Subject, $Body)

After entering my updated information, I was getting the below error:

"The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 
    5.7.57 Client not authenticated to send mail.

Researching this specific error message, most people seem to imply this is due to Multi-Factor Authentication - however this account I'm using specifically has MFA disabled.

So it's probably something on our Office365 setup and not specifically Genesys Cloud - but if anyone has come across this, would appreciate any advice :)

Jeff

• 5.  RE: SMTP Integration not working

Posted 09-24-2021 11:28
    I had this issue and it was that SMTP Auth was disabled at the Org level and mailbox level.
    See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/clients-and-mobile-in-exchange-online/authenticated-client-smtp-submission

---------
    Derek
    ---------

Derek Lightfoot
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources