Genesys Multicloud

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent Setup Synch Time Lag With Config Database?

Posted 10-31-2019 16:08
    Edited by Kevin Brown 01-17-2020 15:05

• 2.  RE: Agent Setup Synch Time Lag With Config Database?

Posted 11-01-2019 09:08
    Yes, that's very consistent with our experience lately.  I don't know that we've ever opened a case as we were told it's normal behavior.

------------------------------
    Bethany Han
    Business Application Expert
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC

• 3.  RE: Agent Setup Synch Time Lag With Config Database?

Posted 11-22-2019 00:34
    This is normal, and have been using PEC for near on 2 years now with multiple customers. What I find is that changes to Agent groups desktop options, you should allow atleast 15 mintues, which subsequently is the timeout value for an agent that has lost a connection (e.g. browser crash/pc crash), and the underlying services seem to clear the agent connection details (or something like that). then when you log in the chagnes will be seen.

Another way around it sometimes, is to apply the changes to the user itself instead of the Agent group and these seem to uptake immediately after a full logout/login. This does not work for all desktop options though like the stats/performace counters.

Also found making the changes via GAX was more responsive as well, but you have to know the WWE options to type them in manually and have the formating exact otherwise it will not take (everything in genesys is case sensitive).

To be honest, the time lag is sometimes a good thing, especially if end users make a mistake, it can be recitied before it actual gets propogated to the end users.

Sean Mahon
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

• 4.  RE: Agent Setup Synch Time Lag With Config Database?

Posted 11-25-2019 09:13
    Kevin,

That has not been our experience with Agent Setup. Typically, once we save a change and the "Updating Cashe" alert in the right hand corner flashes, changes are available.  Of course some changes need agents to logout of Workspace and/or the Softphone to activate on the client side.  Although we are still testing WWE9, the same has held true.  The caveat to all of this is that we are very vanilla with our setup. We are currently using just voice and email channels and no API's at this time.  

Designer is where we see the biggest delays in provisioning.  Here we have seen long delays, upwards of 10 to 15 mins.

I guess my point would be, in my opinion there is an issue and that type of delay in Agent Setup should not be excepted as a norm.

FYI:
    • We have been using Agent Setup since it inception.
    • February 2020 makes 5 years live on PEC.

Byron Nelson
    Customer Ops System Administrator
    OGE Energy Corp
    PureEngage Cloud since 2015

• 5.  RE: Agent Setup Synch Time Lag With Config Database?

Posted 11-26-2019 13:56
    Edited by Kevin Brown 01-17-2020 15:06

• 6.  RE: Agent Setup Synch Time Lag With Config Database?

Posted 11-26-2019 15:06
    USE is our Primary.  We are only about 200 concurrent users.  I sure I am stating the obvious, but with that many concurrent users and the lag time you are experiencing, that make me think the update process is looking at each user every time it updates instead of just the agents that need to be changed.  Having said that, I have no idea how things are done on the backside of Genesys, even though I ask all the time.

Byron Nelson
    OGE Energy Corp

• 7.  RE: Agent Setup Synch Time Lag With Config Database?

Posted 11-26-2019 10:47
    Edited by Monique Morel-Peseski 11-26-2019 11:05
    Hi Kevin

We just moved to WWE9 and I was told this was "normal behaviour" and could take up to 30 mins for any agent group changes, due to the cache.
    It is definitely NOT an improvement in my opinion. It should be improving our experience, not detracting from it

- One more thing... has anyone experienced a delay when trying to use consult to an agent group? ( I know not quite on topic, but does have to do with agent groups). I find it takes a few seconds to connect, once you choose your agent group. Then once it establishes with the other agent and you choose conference, it delays again to show all parties connected. 
    So delay on initial consult when connecting to agent group and again when using conference (within consult)

Monique Morel-Peseski
    Messer Canada Inc.

• 8.  RE: Agent Setup Synch Time Lag With Config Database?

Posted 11-26-2019 14:00
    Edited by Kevin Brown 01-17-2020 15:06

• 9.  RE: Agent Setup Synch Time Lag With Config Database?

Posted 11-26-2019 16:24
    Monique,

We have not seen any issues in testing. The caveat is we have yet to stress test WWE9.  There are several variables that could be the cause. 
    • I am just spit-balling here, but some of the things I would look at:
      • Your Transfer Target Application
      • Softphone Version
      • Browser Version
        • Try a different browser and see if you have the same issue.
      • Run Developer Tools while attempting a Transfer or a Consult and see what the Console tab shows.
      • Do you get the same issue when transfer or consult with an Agent Group,  Virtual Agent Group, Skill, etc.?  

I do have a question about something you stated about agent group updates.  Who told you the delay was "normal behavior and it could take up to 30 mins for any agent group changes"? Did that come from Genesys or a Vendor?  The reason I ask is, that so called "normal behavior" constitutes "unexceptionable behavior" and should be classified as a product flaw.  If we were having that issue and was told that, I would be chewing on our Genesys Success Manager backside.  We could not function having to wait that long to make those kind of changes. 

Byron Nelson
    OGE Energy Corp

• 10.  RE: Agent Setup Synch Time Lag With Config Database?

Posted 11-27-2019 08:34
    Hi Byron

I opened a ticket with Genesys when testing during WWE 9 UAT and that's what I was told. All of our agent groups are used for pulse monitoring, WWE supervisor monitor and for transfer target, so waiting 30 minutes for everything to update is so frustrating. We're a small contact centre ( ~100 seats) so this is really impeding us. I will take your advice and connect with our Success Manager.

Genesys originally wrote the transfer target application so now that we're on designer 9, I'll take a look to see if anything can be tweaked. My guess it's not the app, but the cache trying to refresh all the agents availability. I'm betting it would be worse if we had more agents to poll. I'll let you know what I find.

Monique Morel-Peseski
    Messer Canada Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources