Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Genesys Cloud API query "Get the list of available users" has a limitation

• 1.  Genesys Cloud API query "Get the list of available users" has a limitation

Posted 01-27-2022 17:04

Dear all,

We are facing a problem with an API Query "Get the list of available users"  (GET /api/v2/users).

Generally, the Genesys Cloud API queries have their limitations.
    This above mentioned query returns the available users in your Org, but the limitation on this query is: it can return max 100'000 users!

As our customer's Org has about 130'000 users, the API command stops working after returning the maximum limit of users.
    Which brakes the Data Action in the middle, which we use to Sync the AD users to the Org.

Please note, there is no filtering possibility with wildcard on these search queries! 
    i.e, you cannot get users with a filter like "email contains @mydomain.com" or "email=*@mydomain.com"  

I have created an "suggestion request" on the Genesys - Product Ideas Lab.
    Idea OP-I-1277

Could you please vote for this idea?

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
    Raj

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Integrations
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Rajkumar Ratnarajah
    SPIE ICS AG

• 2.  RE: Genesys Cloud API query "Get the list of available users" has a limitation

Posted 01-27-2022 22:09
    Why not use divisions or skills or locations with the users and then use that as a filter for export with the API.   You can easily create predicates on these.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources