Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Routing scheduled callback to the agents even if they are off-queue

Posted 02-08-2019 09:33
    Hi,

Our customer uses Outbound Campaign to schedule callbacks through the script (for contacts that want to be called back, or unreachable...etc)
    The agent can belongs to many campagne/queue on the same time

Some of the agents, they confirm us, that they received scheduled callback even if they are off-queue; is this possible ?

I think that callback will routed only if the agent is in-queue state and has the queue activated 

Please, could you confirm, just to know if this is a bug or not

Thank you in advance
    #Outbound
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

• 2.  RE: Routing scheduled callback to the agents even if they are off-queue

Posted 02-08-2019 10:59
    @Mostafa Oudderhem we noticed this a while back and what we were told was that if an agent schedules a callback it will try to route the callback to them first, even if they are on queue in another queue and have deactivated the queue the callback was placed in, as soon as the callback pops, it will try to route to that agent. I am not sure if this has been changed. There is a box that can be checked when the agent schedules the callback that says to try and route to them if possible, I would suggest leaving this blank if possible. ​If you are using the script, I am not sure there is a way to "uncheck" that box. I can test in our org later today to confirm this.

------------------------------
    Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 3.  RE: Routing scheduled callback to the agents even if they are off-queue

Posted 02-10-2019 17:29
    We also use the scheduled callback function for outbound. While the script version was working to a degree not every time did agents receive the callback and considering it worked on the basis that if the script was on the callback would generate at the time.

Agents attempt to receive the callback as stated above, by ticking the "Route callback to me if possible" this is not guaranteed and depends on many factors at the time the scheduled callback is due.

We now use schedule callback outside of the scripts, from time to time agents will state they received a callback while off-queue though lately this has been limited. We are finding that callbacks are queuing if they are missed and as soon as the agents go back on-queue the callbacks start before the actual campaign calls.

We also found that operating 1 queue but multiple campaigns was a more effective model in compared to operating multiple queues and multiple campaigns. Things may be different now but it works for us and produces a high result of outbound and sales using this method.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 4.  RE: Routing scheduled callback to the agents even if they are off-queue

Posted 02-11-2019 02:44
    Thank you Angelia and Darryn for your answers

As I understand, it is possible sometimes to route callbacks to off-queue agents, but what is the logic behind, I need to understand the cause of this

Thank you.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources