Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Salesforce org migration

Posted 03-26-2020 07:26
    In the next month or so, our Salesforce instance will be undergoing a Salesforce Org Migration. It will be moved from one instance to another during this time. When we reached out to Genesys they said that we would need to build new integrations and update all of our call flows. Why would we need to do this when the integration is pointed to login.salesforce.com, which isn't changing?
    #Integrations

• 2.  RE: Salesforce org migration

Posted 03-26-2020 20:25
    It depends.  If it was me, I would have put the instance information into a structured parameter that could be changed at any point.  I would also have put in the capability to use UAT or PROD based on a phone number in a parameter.  I am guessing they did non of this originally and hard coded the instance URL into the handlers and call flows.  If they are charging to change them now, make sure they make it easier next time.  If you want some secondary quotes or help, we would be glad to talk to you.  

Robert

------------------------------
    Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Salesforce org migration

Posted 03-27-2020 11:04
    Robert,
    I think you might be confusing this with PureConnect. Your responses regarding "structured parameters" and "handlers" point to PureConnect rather than PureCloud.

When I look though the PureCloud Salesforce Integration configuration, the only thing I see that might drive what Salesforce Org is addressed by the Integration is the Integration Credentials configuration, the username and security token. I understand that if the username and security token stay the same, and Salesforce essentially moves to a different server cluster (or Org), more of a backend move, the PureCloud Salesforce Integration account will stay intact.

Richard Schott, am I correct?​

Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Salesforce org migration

GENESYS
    Posted 03-27-2020 11:10
    Greg, that's generally correct.  The username/password/token are what determines which salesforce org we connect to with data actions.  Because usernames are unique globally, updating the credentials to those of a user in the new org will "point" the integration to the new org.  There really shouldn't be a need to update the data actions, as they're all using relative links to the Salesforce api, which will be completed based on the authentication process.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Salesforce org migration

GENESYS
    Posted 03-27-2020 08:59
    If the data structure is the same (i.e. you're not using new fields or field names), then you could probably get away with simply updating the credentials in the Salesforce Data Action integration without need to touch your call flows.  You could test this ahead of time by installing a second Salesforce data action integration and copying over any custom actions you might be using, then testing them in the new integration with the credentials to your new salesforce org to validate that everything fits with the schema and config of the actions.  Once that test is complete, you would simply update the credentials, which define what salesforce org the data action actually connects to; at run time, the action simply uses the credentials associated with their integration, so updating the credentials would effectively point the action to the new salesforce org.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources