Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

• 1.  PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-08-2019 09:52
    We have business need routing ACD Ques calls to associates on the go using their smartphone...  These associates do not have access to a PC to change agent avail status etc...Genesys provides the Collaborate app, but this does not support contact center ACD type calls.. 

Firstly, where is Genesys product development  in creating a SmartPhone app to support Contact center? 

Second, I did notice in the app foundry Mobile Office  with the below info:

Mobile Office

With Mobile Office for PureCloud, we provide you the ability to extend the customer journey and communication to virtually anyone in your company or organization by mobilizing the same tools agents use in your contact center onto the mobile devices in your company. Branch managers, field technicians, home workers, store managers, anyone can now handle customer interactions without losing the ability to manage and monitor the interaction.

https://appfoundry.mypurecloud.com/filter/purecloud/listing/c93cec22-74ff-4dad-808d-e6972d4d0688

Will this application work as a replacement for a WebRTC PureCloud Softphone and connect into PureCloud Voice and similarly calls will be recorded..  Thanks

Lastly has anyone has any experience with the above product..  Thanks

#Implementation
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Shalom Benzaquen
    Anthem, Inc.

• 2.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-08-2019 10:16
    Edited by Paul Dittrich 11-08-2019 10:16
    I have tested the Mobile Office application and it appears to work quite well. Calls can still be recorded and you can also set it up as a remote phone. So instead of using WebRTC or SIP for the voice payload Purecloud will call the cellphone number directly. This is good if people agents are moving around the building a lot.

I believe one of our clients will be going forward with Mobile Office after we Demo'd the software. There should be a 30 day free trial to check it out.

Paul Dittrich

• 3.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-08-2019 15:27
    Thank you..

Using the app and setup as a remote phone, do you know if the calls can be recorded both inbound and outbound similar to  the collaborate app provided by  Genesys for non contact  center agents..

Shalom Benzaquen
    Anthem, Inc.

• 4.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-11-2019 11:03
    Edited by Paul Dittrich 11-11-2019 11:03
    Hi Shalom, I know for sure that the inbound calls to the agents are recorded. This was a requirement for the client. I'm not sure about outbound calls or how that would work. If they initiated the call from the Mobile Office Application I would imagine it would be recorded but you should likely write to Mobile Office directly and they would be able to let you know.

Paul Dittrich

• 5.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-11-2019 11:10
    ​Thanks..  I will attempt to enable a free trial, ad have already downloaded the App from the app store..  I guess we will see..  Again, thanks for all your help..

Shalom Benzaquen
    Anthem, Inc.

• 6.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-11-2019 08:53
    Paul,

Can you provide more information about the Microsoft Office Application you are referencing specifically? Is this supported on a Apple iPhone?

Phil Newberry
    HealthSun

• 7.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-11-2019 11:05
    Edited by Paul Dittrich 11-11-2019 11:05
    Phil it's a slightly confusing name. Mobile Office App Foundry.It's nothing to do with Microsoft. It is supported on an iPhone. It can allow agents to take SMS/Email as well I believe I only briefly tested it with voice.

Paul Dittrich

• 8.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-12-2019 09:21
    Thank you Paul.  Does the Voice only work when the app is open or will the app remain open ready for calls?  Also, if one is making an outbound call, can the app be the default for outbound, or does the end user need to launch the app to make a call?

Phil Newberry
    HealthSun

• 9.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-12-2019 10:41
    I think the app has to remain running in the background. Once you sign into the app and go ready your agent will receive interactions. What I wanted to test was if I could still get phone calls without a data connection. This customer had people who would be roaming around large buildings and the data wasn't always good. 

As long as my agent went ready I could then turn off 3G/Data on my cellphone and I would still receive phone calls.

I haven't tested outbound. I don't think it would take over as your default dialler. ​

Paul Dittrich
    Aria Solutions

• 10.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-12-2019 11:08
    Hi Phil, Mobile Office does not require to be active (open or in the background). Once you are logged in, you can even kill the app from your smartphone. Our Office Server (which is also hosted in AWS cloud) will send you a push notification to alert you of an incoming interaction. By clicking the push notification or by opening the Mobile Office app you are then presented with the interaction.

You can initiate a call from Mobile Office which can also be recorded and we are adding outbound campaign capabilities for the end of the year.

BR, Peter

Peter Depoorter
    Ideal Systems NV

• 11.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-12-2019 02:05
    Hi Paul,
    I am interested in Mobile Office application too, but I am a little bit confused how the integration is implemented. This integration is based on SIP directly or use PureCloud functionality for external number forwarding? PureCloud directly has functionality for agents in case of leaving browser with agent application, but this integration is based on fact that forwarding could be activated only when agent is in state except onqueue.

best regards
    Radek

Radek Paclt
    Dimension Data Czech Republic s.r.o.

• 12.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-12-2019 12:24
    Hi Radek,

Currently, we use the 'remote phone' (SIP remote / routing over PSTN) to deliver voice streams onto the device. This means you'll be able to receive voice calls even when the app is not open (or in the background).

Later this year we'll be adding WebRTC capability (due to current limitations on the PureCloud SDK, we offer WebRTC in collaboration with the Twilio platform, which you can link as an external trunk to your purecloud edge (BYOC)). In that case, the app doesn't need to be in the foreground either (you could even kill it completely). Whenever a voice stream over WebRTC needs to be delivered, we'll kick start the app via a special VOIP push notification (which wakes up the app).

Stijn Brebels

• 13.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-13-2019 01:36
    Hi Stijn,
    receiving calls sound good, but if you use remote phone and your mobile app is not running, caller identification is the number of your own technology (number of your phone line which customer is calling) and not the origin customer's one.

Thanks in advance
    Radek

Radek Paclt
    NTT Czech Republic s.r.o

• 14.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-13-2019 01:40
    Hi Radek,

yes that's correct, on PSTN level you'll always see the 'PureCloud' PSTN number.
    However, we will also send a push notification to the device (when the Platform API notifies us of the call), which will contain the actual PSTN number of the client (so the info is available).

Stijn Brebels
    Ideal Systems NV

• 15.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-13-2019 01:52
    Hi Stijn,
    ok and now the crucial questions :)
    - On Android you are default call application or you use overlay window for inbound call
    - works your application in doze mode? because there is limitation for push notifications
    - targets your app SDK ver 28? works your application with priority buckets in Android P?
    - whats about situations without data connectivity

Best regards
    Radek

Radek Paclt
    NTT Czech Republic s.r.o

• 16.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-13-2019 02:24
    Hi Radek,

- Android + WebRTC
    With the WebRTC in place, for IOS we use callkit , on Android the call would appear as a voice interaction (clicking it opens our app)
    In both cases, for dialing out, we have a dialpad integrated in our application, which has integration to phonebooks (local phonebook on the device, enterprise phonebook in the cloud)

When acting with SIP remote, you will always have 2 dialogs (1 native call + the app) between which you can switch.

- Doze mode
    Yes, we also function in doze mode (high priority FCM messages used)

- Android SDK
    We officially support Android 7 and higher, we don't have any specific implementation at this time for Priority Buckets (correct, we target SDK 28)

- Situations without data connectivity:
    SIP Remote/nailed up: the PSTN stream would arrive, but the push notification wouldn't (and the app can of course not be used at this time)

Kind regards
    Stijn

Stijn Brebels
    Ideal Systems NV

• 17.  RE: PureCloud Voice - Contact center Agent support Mobile phone

Posted 11-13-2019 02:32
    Hi Stijn,
    thank you for all your answers.

have a nice day
    R

Radek Paclt
    NTT Czech Republic s.r.o

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources