Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Estimated Wait Time in Queue

Posted 11-12-2019 19:34
    I am trying to add an estimated wait time announcement to a loop in my queue while customers wait.  The announcement relays that the estimated wait time is 122 minutes no matter what.  What am I missing.  
    Estimated Wait time in Queue

#Implementation

------------------------------
    David Holeman

• 2.  RE: Estimated Wait Time in Queue

Posted 11-13-2019 06:10
    Hi @David Holeman I had a similar experience when I was testing estimated wait times, for me it was because I was working in my test environment rather than a "Live" queue. As soon as I moved to the live environment worked as expected,  on an amusing note: I did have a customer complaint regarding a 426 minute wait... until it was explained the wait was 4 to 6 minutes​ :-) we just changed the style of announcement. Other than that all good. - Matt

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 3.  RE: Estimated Wait Time in Queue

Posted 11-13-2019 10:29
    I definitely got that in my test queue but I also got it in my production queue so pulled it right away so customers would not go nuts.

David Holeman
    HiRoad

• 4.  RE: Estimated Wait Time in Queue

Posted 11-13-2019 10:20
    Edited by Paul Dittrich 11-13-2019 10:21
    Is this an inbound voice call flow or an in queue call? It might make more sense to do the Estimated Wait Time in in Queue. If it is in Queue don't worry about including a loop. I tried that and got no where. With in queue call flows it will run from the top to bottom of your flow and automatically loop.

I was trying to update a variable and it was never updating either. I don't think the EWT will properly update until you let the in queue get to the end and start at the top again.
    Paul Dittrich

• 5.  RE: Estimated Wait Time in Queue

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2019 10:30
    The estimated wait time & position in queue variables & actions will never report an increased value.  The idea is to avoid annoying a call with hearing "your wait time is 3 minutes...your wait time is 10 minutes...your wait time is 8 minutes."  They will report a decrease in value; however for testing purposes it's hard to cause for EWT.  While your call is on the queue, you need to send other calls into the queue and have them answered & ended very quickly (use priority on the transfer to ACD action to get the new calls to be answered instead of yours).  Then it can take several minutes for the EWT calculation to change.

FYI it's much easier to see the PIQ change.  Send several calls into the queue with you being the last one. Have the 1 or more of the other calls hang up.  Your PIQ drops.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Estimated Wait Time in Queue

Posted 11-13-2019 11:19
    I made some revisions and have partial success.  On the left when I have callbacks enabled via a data value it plays the estimated wait time properly.  On the right when I have call backs disabled it's playing the damn estimated wait time being 122 minutes.  Geez.  What am I missing here.  On the right I want to announce the wait time play our 2.5 min of hold music and repeat in the loop so folks get updates.  Any help would be appreciated.

revised IVR

David Holeman
    HiRoad

• 7.  RE: Estimated Wait Time in Queue

Posted 11-13-2019 11:24
    I would still recommend you remove your loop and just let the In Queue Treatment go from top to bottom and then repeat itself.

Paul Dittrich
    Aria Solutions

• 8.  RE: Estimated Wait Time in Queue

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2019 11:25
    The play EWT action on the right still using padded mode.  The one on the left is using approximate mode

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Estimated Wait Time in Queue

Posted 11-13-2019 11:43
    I changed to approximate and it worked like a charm.  So... help me understand why it works for approximate but not padded?  Seems weird.  Also seems like Genesys is lacking on documentation on how to use this feature.  They have the technical reference but no context of where it needs to be placed and setup to actually work.  Is it me?  Am I missing something?

David Holeman
    HiRoad

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources