PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Handler Reverted Back to Default

Posted 09-19-2019 11:36

I have customized the CustomAcdPostAlertInteraction handler to do a Query Media Type tool step and if the interaction is a callback request, I run a custom handler.  This is currently working as expected; however, I just logged onto our primary PureConnect server, downloaded the handler from the server and my changes are no longer present.  I made a backup of all my custom handlers in 2017 and I see the customization in the backup handler.  Is there any way to find out why when I download the handler it doesn't show my customization but when I test the functionality, it still is working?

Thanks,
    Andrew

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 2.  RE: Handler Reverted Back to Default

Posted 09-20-2019 12:01
    Which handler file are you looking at? Published handler files are stored in I3\IC\Server\Handlers while your copy might be saved anywhere, I3\IC\Handlers contains all original handler files but these are not the published ones running on your system, best practice is to save your customization file in I3\IC\Handlers\Custom and then publish it.

Eliezer Stekel

• 3.  RE: Handler Reverted Back to Default

Posted 09-20-2019 13:06

Im using Interaction Designer to download the handler from the server.  It is CustomAcdPostAlertInteraction.  When I download it, it only have the subroutine initiator and the assignment statemend setting p_bTransferred to false.  There is no other place for my custom handler to be initiated, it does an auto dial for a callback request.  I just did a test and left myself a cbr and in Administrator IP Manager I saw the "Times Run" for my custom handler increase when it auto dialed the cbr for myself. 

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 4.  RE: Handler Reverted Back to Default

Posted 09-23-2019 01:50
    Hi Andrew,

The Interaction Processor (IP) is using the class files in I3\IC\Server\Handlers. The handler (ihd) is only a copy of what you have publish. So because the custom functionality still works means that your class file is still the modified one. The handler is this folder is reverted back by another process probably. Did you do a upgrade of PureConnect after you made the backup of the handlers? Do you have a switch-over pair?

Be careful with publishing again your custom handlers that you have downloaded from the server folder, this will create a new class file and then you customization will not work anymore. There are maybe more handlers involved in this.

Edward de Wit
    3Fiftynine B.V.

• 5.  RE: Handler Reverted Back to Default

Posted 09-23-2019 11:41
    We have a switchover pair and upgraded this past Spring.  

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 6.  RE: Handler Reverted Back to Default

Posted 09-24-2019 02:59
    This is probably your issue then. I've had that as well. In my case the following happened. After the upgrade of the first server the handler publish is part of this. After that we republished the customize handlers. Than we did a switchover to the new PureConnect server and start upgrade the second server. In this  case the upgrade process is doing something with the handlers by putting the default ones in the server directory, but did not touch the class files. So you do not mention something.

Than at a certain moment the a switchover occurred. we rebooted the failed server so he will sync everything from the new active server, including the handlers in the server directory. From that moment your customize handlers are lost. :(

I hope you have a backup of them.

Edward de Wit
    3Fiftynine B.V.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources