PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  2-way SMS

Posted 02-17-2020 23:15
    I have outbound SMS configured and working with a SMS broker that presents the recipient with an alpha name as the sender.
    I need to add a 2-way SMS channel, routed to chat and have Phone Numbers - DID/DNIS routes the number to a specific workgroup.
    I am currently not seeing SMSs arrive, which logs files should i start with?
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Tarquin Bell
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 2.  RE: 2-way SMS

Posted 02-25-2020 12:24
    Hi Tarquin,

There is a few locations you will want to configure for your needs:

the DID/DNIS routing will be configured on in the Phone Number Configuration located under the System Configuration Section. Just like any DID you will enter the number and assign it to the workgroup you would like it to go too.

For Inbound SMS you will configure that in the SMS configuration use Type DNIS put the number and then Destination Chat. You will then go into the broker, account highligh the account/number. Click Assocate and add the workgroup you would like the chat to be routed too.

As for why inbound SMS isn't hitting your system, i would check with your SMS provider first. Do you own the number or do they? If they own it and are forwarding it to you, there might be some Cert our security issues to work through. If you own the number i would look in the SMSServer logs see if you see anything, but the easiest might be to debug System_IncomingSMS and see if that handler gets kicked off when you send a SMS message. If it doesn't then it means the SMS isn't reaching the CIC server and might need to talk with your Carrier.

Thank you,

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: 2-way SMS

Posted 02-25-2020 19:31
    Scott

thanks I'll try debugging the handler and go from there.

Tarquin Bell
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources