Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Hold Music Recommendation

Posted 07-15-2021 11:44
    Hello Genesys Community,

My organization is in the process of converting to Genesys Cloud. We want to build a consistent call flow experience for all of our contact center departments. Today each of our queues play different hold music, have different IVR selections, and play different marketing messages. I'm wondering if anyone has determined any best practices or has suggestions on how we can build more consistent call flows.
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Quishara Benson
    Alaska USA Federal Credit Union

• 2.  RE: Hold Music Recommendation

Posted 07-15-2021 14:49
    Hi Quishara, 
    We work with an awesome company that provides these services to our customers.  Woodstock Media Group:  https://woodstockmediagroup.com/

Jenna Swikard
    Inflow Communications

• 3.  RE: Hold Music Recommendation

Posted 07-16-2021 11:53
    Edited by Kevin Brown 07-16-2021 11:54

Quishara,
    My consulting company did this for years.  I've placed VoxPeritus on hold due to our primary consultants being tied up in large corporate deployments. However, I've partnered with both EIG and GM Voices to accomplish best practice redesign.  In fact, I began working with EIG way back in 1997, so they have a tremendous amount of experience.  They hold workshops with GM Voices at a very reasonable price that teaches you how to do it yourself.

At the highest level, you've touched upon the first things to address and they are consistent on hold music and all IVR menus to be consistent with only a very few exceptions only if needed; e.g., Loans as #4 in all menus, except for if someone got into Loans via direct dial, then a menu for Auto, Personal, etc would be good customer experience.

It's been my experience that call backs are the best opportunity for those offering them for the first time. Seems everyone gets it wrong first time, so be prepared to dive into that sooner rather than later.  In my last role, we had something like 2 million callbacks in 2020 and by then we had gotten it down to a science. Many customer kudos and not a single complaint that I am aware of.

• 4.  RE: Hold Music Recommendation

Posted 07-16-2021 14:41
    Kevin,

Thank you very much for your reply. This is great information!

Shara Benson
    Senior User Experience Analyst
    Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
    q.benson@alaskausa.org

• 5.  RE: Hold Music Recommendation

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 07-21-2021 21:43
    Take a look a the newish Common Module flows. This is precisely what they are great for, you setup your flow logic for music lets say in the common module flow. And then in the In Q flows you just drag  and drop that common module in. If you drag the same common module in to each In Q flow then they will all have the same experience, without having to try to keep things consistent across multiple flows. You can just update it in one place (though you do need to edit and publish consuming flows to pick the updates)

Another thing you can do is store the music or announcement prompt names in a DataTable, and just reference the Data Table in all the flows. Again means you only update the one item to push it out to all your flows.

Anton Vroon
    KiwiBank

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources