PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

SalesForce Activity Field Mapping

• 1.  SalesForce Activity Field Mapping

Posted 07-30-2019 11:28
    Is it possible to map custom attributes from a call interaction to SalesForce fields other than the ones listed in the Activity Field Mapping list on the PureConnect for SalesForce Lightning tab?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 2.  RE: SalesForce Activity Field Mapping

Posted 07-31-2019 09:37
    Edited by Sheldon Goodrich 07-31-2019 09:37
    Yes you can map custom attributes to SF as long as the fields in Salesforce are text fields

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/salesforce_integration_cic_ag.pdf

Sheldon Breading-Goodrich
    Financial Engines, Inc.

• 3.  RE: SalesForce Activity Field Mapping

Posted 07-31-2019 11:24
    Sheldon,

I've read through that documentation but I am still unclear as to where in Salesforce I can set this up.  Just to be clear, I am setting custom attributes on the call in Interaction Attendant, and we would like these to be mapped to Case fields in Salesforce.  So when the agent gets the call and the corresponding screen pop, these attributes are already filled into specific Case fields.  Where would I configure this?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 4.  RE: SalesForce Activity Field Mapping

Posted 08-13-2019 12:55
    In the CTI properties, below the server info, you can set up the mapping of Attributes. 
    Also, to note if you are not sending those attributes from the IVR it's pointless to add extra mapping as SF will only be looking at what is sent in the soap request

Micheal McComber
    Sutter Health

• 5.  RE: SalesForce Activity Field Mapping

Posted 08-13-2019 13:37
    @Micheal McComber is there any way to alter the soap request so that I could map attributes set in the IVR to other objects, like cases, in Salesforce?

Thanks,
    Andrew​

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 6.  RE: SalesForce Activity Field Mapping

Posted 08-13-2019 13:54
    Here is an example of one of the many we have 
    apex/VFP01_CustomConsole?DNISTC=$(SH_DNISType)&TRANF=No&EXITPATH=$(SH_ExitPath)&CALLDT=$(SH_CallStart)$(SF_URLPop)&DNIS=$(Eic_LocalTN)&CallID=$(Eic_CallIDK$(SF_URLPop)$(Sutter_EmployeeID)ey)$(SF_URLPop)&DEV=$(SF_URLPop)&ANI=$(Eic_RemoteTN)

We have mapped attributes in SF for the following above 
    DNIS Type = SF Record Type (not like a number ) 
    Exit path is the call intent for SF 
    the Sutter EmployeeID to pop the employee record to the call center agent 

so really once you map them in SF you can set up your request for what you want to pop in how you build out the apex(soap_ request

Micheal McComber
    Sutter Health

• 7.  RE: SalesForce Activity Field Mapping

Posted 08-13-2019 14:08
    @Micheal McComber Are you doing that in Attendant or a custom Handler? or is this done in Salesforce somehow?  I am really familiar with the Oracle Service Cloud integration with Genesys, and there I had the Interaction ScriptAssist tool that allowed me to create the soap requests and basically be able to touch any object in the Service Cloud.  Was disappointing to ​find out this was not as easy with Salesforce.  Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 8.  RE: SalesForce Activity Field Mapping

Posted 08-13-2019 14:11
    we do this via the IVR 
    I'm sure we could put our heads together and figure this out

Micheal McComber
    Sutter Health

• 9.  RE: SalesForce Activity Field Mapping

Posted 08-13-2019 14:23
    @Micheal McComber  I need to pass 4 custom attributes from the IVR to Salesforce Case custom fields.  Can you provide a screen shot of how you are getting your attributes passed over?  Are you using Salesforce Lightning?

​Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 10.  RE: SalesForce Activity Field Mapping

Posted 08-22-2019 08:59
    @Micheal McComber are you using Salesforce Lightning experience?  We are able to pass these attributes to the Activity (Task) object, and have set the initial screen pop to be the Task, but when it opens the fields are not populated.  If I go into the softphone and click on "Call Log" and then "View in Salesforce", the Task opens with the fields populated.  How can I get this to either populate on the Task that is auto popped or add this to a Case and have that auto populate/pop for the agents?

Thanks,
    Andrew​

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources