PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent priority routing

Posted 07-08-2022 12:52
    Hello,  

I am looking for a way to set a workgroup to all users but to deliver inbound calls by priority levels 1-5 ..  so that level 2 agents will not get calls till all the level 1 agents are unavailable and so on.  so that the Level 5 agents are the last to get a call when all other levels are 100% unavailable.   I am new to the platform so be kind. 

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Sean Mieth
    Diplomat Pharmacy, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Agent priority routing

Posted 07-08-2022 12:58
    Edited by Aaron Lael 07-08-2022 12:58

You would use skills for that (priority is a weighting for interactions, skills is a weighting for agents).

There is a checkbox on the ACD tab under "options" called "Use Available time in skills calculation" on each workgroup.  If you uncheck this, the system will only use available time as a tiebreaker between agents with the same skill proficiency.

So, you'd specify the skill for the interaction in your IVR and have your agents configured with the skill in the target workgroup.  The higher proficiency in that skill, the agent would be offered the calls first assuming they are available.

The proficiency value in the skill adds to the agent score, so the higher this value is, the closer to the "front" you are moving the agent, and the lower it is, the closer to the "back" you are moving the agent.  I know this is opposite of a lot of other systems, but it directly relates to how agent score is calculated in the system.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Agent priority routing

Posted 02-14-2024 10:26

Hi Aaron, 

I'm trying to do the same. I want to create a group of agents to receive primarily internal transfer (escalation calls) and also allow them to receive regular calls but put them at the bottom of the priority/proficiency so they only take calls if all other agents are interacting with clients.

I tried to follow the steps you described above but couldn't find the ACD tab. Do you mind describe the steps in more detail if possible? 

Thank you so much

Isaac Denegri

EverBank 

Isaac Denegri
    EverBank

• 4.  RE: Agent priority routing

Posted 02-14-2024 11:11

Here's the link to the exact setting in PureConnect from the Interaction Administrator help guide:

Interaction Administrator Help - Options

On the workgroup configuration in Interaction Administrator, you want to select the "ACD" tab at the top and from within that window select the "Options" category.

The "Use 'Available' Time in skills calculation" checkbox, when unchecked, makes skills the "master decider" of who gets an interaction and the system only looks at Available Time when a tiebreaker is needed between agents with the same skill proficiency in the required skills for an interaction in the workgroup.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 5.  RE: Agent priority routing

Posted 02-15-2024 12:24

Thank you Aaron!!

Isaac Denegri
    EverBank

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources