Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Alerting on Receipt of a Malicious Call

Posted 05-24-2023 08:57

Hi All -
    Wondering if anyone has (or investigated) a solution for duress / malicious call alerting for an Agent?
    The solution would allow an Agent to immediately alert a specific group of Users regarding a malicious call in progress, such as a bomb threat. We're open to suggestions regarding what the communication channel would be, have looked at options such as:
    - using the 'Call Quality Flag' with associated Notes (not 'Real Time)
    - sending an internal Chat / IM to a supervisor group (too complex)
    Both of the above are a bit clumsy, something more elegant would be preferred; 3rd party product or development would be considered.
    Note that the focus is around real time alerting and engagagement, rather than call trace, although that could also be considerd.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Mal.

#Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Nexon Asia Pacific Pty. Ltd.
    malcolm.green@nexon.com.au

• 2.  RE: Alerting on Receipt of a Malicious Call

Posted 05-26-2023 10:44

I guess you could put a button on the script that calls a Data Action to do #2? That would be super not-complex for the agents....
    HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Alerting on Receipt of a Malicious Call

Posted 06-14-2023 01:36

I've done something for this at one client where an agent script button called a secure flow and within that secure flow it added a flow outcome and other participant data , then adding the ANI to a data table before releasing the call.  Subsequent calls from that # would then be picked up from that data table and blocked.

You could also I suppose make part of this send the call into a queue that's setup only for these - no agents on it - and have an alert set for when that queue has >0 calls.

Vaun McCarthy

• 4.  RE: Alerting on Receipt of a Malicious Call

Posted 06-14-2023 03:20

While I remember.. if this is an org where it's old school all in an office you could look at one of the busy light solutions.  That way an agent could just trigger a hot key combination that sets off an alert colour indicator for floorwalkers etc.

Vaun McCarthy

• 5.  RE: Alerting on Receipt of a Malicious Call

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 06-14-2023 05:41
    Edited by Lawrence Drayton 06-14-2023 05:41

That's a great solution! 

To add my 2 cents, you could go all out in terms of alerting - 

Script has a button that does a number of things. 

1. Starts agentless outbound campaign that rings all members of a group and has a prompt that tells whoever answers (or all that answer) that an emergency is in progress for agent X.
    2. Could also send SMS to all those that need to be alerted.
    3. You could then also have the first person that indicates they are available to be conferenced into the call etc. set data on time alert went out and then data on when and who acknowledged the emergency and went to help etc
    4. If you have a dashboard or display in an office setting you could have an API hit that with info.

Honestly, really depends on how deep you want to go. 

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 6.  RE: Alerting on Receipt of a Malicious Call

Posted 06-15-2023 01:17

Thanks all for the feedback / ideas!

In the background we've been circling a solution that looks something like this:

• Agent Script button that triggers an IM / Chat to a defined Genesys Group
    • predefined chat message with Agent and Call details including Conversation ID that can be monitored

I like @Vaun McCarthy's idea of capturing the ANI in a Data Table, but perhaps to apply special route treatment rather than block in the first instance (?)

Also have used status lights in the past, however the Customer has a distributed 1,600-agent work-force including WFH.

Thanks again!

Rgds,

Mal.

Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Nexon Asia Pacific Pty. Ltd.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources