Genesys Cloud - Beta HQ

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Announcing the open Beta for Data Action Metrics/Performance View

GENESYS
    Posted 10-26-2022 08:00
    We are pleased to announce the open Beta for Data Action Metrics/Performance View.  Data Action Metrics/Performance View provides operational insights into your usage of Data Actions throughout your Organization.  Delivered both as a new aggregate Analytics API endpoint and a Performance View within the Genesys Cloud CX application, you are now able to report on the volume of usage of Data Actions within specific intervals.  Available metrics include execution totals, durations, average durations, categorization of failures in executions, and more.

This has been a long requested feature from our customers who are using Data Actions as an integral part of their contact center operations, tying together their IVR, Agent Scripts, and more with external systems like Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, AWS Lambdas, etc.  Providing operational insights in to how your Data Actions are performing have proven necessary to effectively manage and troubleshoot your integrations.

We do request that anyone interested in participating in this beta register using the form:

https://forms.office.com/r/bWcXhyRhAk
    This registration is intended merely to keep track of participation, and everyone who registers will be accepted in to the Beta.

This registration is intended merely to keep track of participation and to provide the information necessary to enable access to the API endpoint and Performance View, but all who register will be accepted in to the Beta up to the anticipated general availability release in January of 2023.

#BetaAnnouncement

------------------------------
    Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Announcing the open Beta for Data Action Metrics/Performance View

Posted 10-27-2022 11:57
    Richard, is there documentation available as to what each of the metrics mean? Most are self-explanatory, but I am specifically interested in the definition of the following:
    95% Duration
    99% Duration
    Volume Rate Limit Errors
    Processing Errors

Thanks,

Kevin Goodwin
    Mediu, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Announcing the open Beta for Data Action Metrics/Performance View

GENESYS
    Posted 10-27-2022 13:24

Kevin, 

The documentation should be updating to the resource center in the next week or so.  

That said, 

95% duration: 95% of all data action executions complete in this amount of time or less.
    99% duration: 99% of all data action executions complete in this amount of time or less.
    taken together, these provide insight into whether there is a transient delay in the responsiveness of a remote endpoint

Volume Rate limit errors: the number of data actions where execution was rejected because the organization is above the allotted volume limit (see: https://developer.genesys.cloud/organization/organization/limits#data-actions)

That one dovetails with:

Concurrency Rate Limit Errors: the number of data actions where execution was rejected because the organization is above the allotted Concurrency limit.

Processing Errors: data action executions that fail because of one of the internal processing steps (parsing of the translation map, reference of a null translation map output with no default defined by the success template, responses that don't conform to the stated output schema, etc.; This is a general class of error that would be reported by a "Processing Error" when testing the data action).  

Hopefully that helps address your questions, but please let me know if there's anything else you're curious about.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Announcing the open Beta for Data Action Metrics/Performance View

GENESYS
    Posted 11-01-2022 16:46
    When saving one of these views, should any Filter Categories be saved along with the view? What I'm experiencing is that I've selected a category filter to narrow the list of Data Action categories down to one, and after saving the view and reopening it, the category filter is not applied so all categories are shown.

Dave Gussin
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Announcing the open Beta for Data Action Metrics/Performance View

GENESYS
    Posted 11-01-2022 17:01

based on what I've seen in other performance views, the filter on the top left is a temporary UI filter to limit the rows in the view to only those that meet the filter criteria (in this case the category).  The filters on the right (in this case, HTTP response codes), along with the columns present in the view are the elements that get saved when you save your view.  The net result is that you would be able to create saved views to only show errors, or specific HTTP response codes, with the associated columns you wish to view, but that saved view would apply to all categories (at least today).  

Hope that helps some.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Announcing the open Beta for Data Action Metrics/Performance View

Posted 01-06-2023 12:33
    I am experiencing a bug with this view where metrics are not displayed correctly. Following are steps to replicate.
    1 - Open fresh Data Actions Performance view
     2 - Add Success Count as a metric to view.
     3 - Success Count defaults to the far right, move it to the left so it is not on the far right.
     4 - Expand the Integration row to display stats for all actions under the integration.
    4b - The Success Count value will display in the far right column for each action under the integration, but the total integration values will stay in the correct column.
    5 - This can be resolved by adding any other metric or briefly adding/removing any other metric.
    5b - The issue will reoccur when expanding any integration

Kevin Goodwin
    Mediu, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Announcing the open Beta for Data Action Metrics/Performance View

GENESYS
    Posted 01-06-2023 13:36
    I was able to reproduce this, and I'll get this filed.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Announcing the open Beta for Data Action Metrics/Performance View

Posted 02-21-2023 10:29

Richard, 
    I'm not seeing seeing Data action metrics view in my performance monitoring.  I have God mod in our dev environment so it shouldn't be a permissions issue.  Can you please confirm our org was signed up for this Beta.  Org Name allyfinancialdev1.

Let me know thanks.

Mark Pierson
    Ally Financial

• 9.  RE: Announcing the open Beta for Data Action Metrics/Performance View

Posted 03-01-2023 11:53

I would like to know from the community how many organizations have this particular Beta turned up on their Production environment org?  By production I mean customer impacting orgs.  Also has anyone see any degradation to their orgs due to turning this up? 

Let me know thanks

Mark Pierson
    Ally Financial

• 10.  RE: Announcing the open Beta for Data Action Metrics/Performance View

GENESYS
    Posted 03-01-2023 12:13

Mark, 

There are a little over 100 orgs that have been enabled as part of this beta.  The vast majority of those are customer production orgs, with a handful of Genesys internal orgs and customer development orgs included.  This specific beta is enable the reporting UI that surfaces Metrics that are already accumulated regarding the performance of data actions.  

If you have a specific concern, please feel free to reach out to me directly, and we can walk through it.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources