Genesys Cloud - Beta HQ

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

• 1.  Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 09-27-2022 11:33
    Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce upcoming beta availability of Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework, targeting to begin November 9th, 2022.  This is a highly-voted Idea which enables Genesys Cloud to capture screen recording of agents without the use of Genesys Cloud Desktop Client.  To facilitate this, a background service called Genesys Cloud Background Assistant (GCBA) will need to be installed on the agent's desktop.

System requirements and other details about this capability are articulated in the Registration Form, which you can also find in the carousel of Genesys Cloud CX - Beta HQ.  Please sign up for this beta through the registration form, which will be available until November 7.  As always, we expect beta participants to be engaged and actively testing out the capability.  In December, we will be asking for beta participants to complete a survey form to capture everyone's feedback.
    #BetaAnnouncement

------------------------------
    Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 2.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 10-02-2022 15:13
    Hi Daniel

I note on the reg form it says the browser required is Chrome.  Does this mean it will ONLY work in Chrome?  What if the company's SOE browser is Edge?  Is support for that coming?

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 10-26-2022 10:15
    Hi @Daniel Ho,

This is our concern too. Is it truly Chrome only, or is Edge (Chromium based) also supported?

A couple more additional questions from us:

• Once the beta period concludes, is the functionality going to stop until it rolls into general release (i.e. is there a period of time where theoretically we'd need to roll back to using the Desktop app)?
    • You mention "We do not anticipate GCBA to work in VDI environments". Does this also apply to situations where GCBA is run outside the VDI, but the Genesys Cloud embedded framework app is inside the VDI? I assume it does but would like confirmation.

Thank you.​

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 4.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 10-03-2022 13:50
    Excellent. Just signed up for beta!

William Shapanus
    ADP, INC.

• 5.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 10-03-2022 16:10
    Hi Daniel,

I signed up a potential customer who has been complaining for a while about using GC app and SalesForce to record screen, when will we get a feedback on the registration?

Thanks
    Regards

Rita Henllembart
    CSM
    Coddera Software Ltda

• 6.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 10-04-2022 07:31
    Hi all,

Thanks for everyone who has signed up so far.  We would be providing a response to everyone's registration towards the end of the month.  Once accepted, you will also be provided with additional details and FAQ regarding the beta.

Daniel Ho

• 7.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 10-28-2022 09:56
    Hello,

Will this work with derivatives of Embedded Framework?  Namely the Salesforce plugin, and Interaction Sync from Avtex?

Luke

Luke Kodanko
    Edelman Financial Engines, LLC

• 8.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2022 13:35
    Yes, that is one of the intended use cases of this screen recording helper.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 10-31-2022 14:21
    Thanks for the response.  I'd still need to run it up the flag pole internally, but is it too late to get signed up for this Beta?

Luke Kodanko
    Edelman Financial Engines, LLC

• 10.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 10-30-2022 01:17
    Another question here Daniel... what will the login/authentication process be for this please?  Will users have to authenticate in two browser sessions/instances?  Will it work seamlessly with SSO and partner/auth org switching?

Vaun McCarthy

• 11.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2022 13:39

The authentication of the screen recording helper will be transparent, meaning the user will only authenticate through the web app they are typically using (Genesys Cloud Web Client, Embedded Client, etc.).  They will not require additional authentication to the screen recording helper.  This means that SSO should work in the same manner it currently does. 

I can't really comment re: partner/auth org, as I'm not even sure what the relationship is between auth orgs and recording policies; however, if that arrangement functions as expected when a user logs in to the desktop client, then I would expect it to also work with this new arrangement.  Daniel will have to comment on that part in more detail.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2022 14:42
    Hi all,

Thanks to all who have registered for this beta program.  You will be receiving an invitation to a Genesys community page specifically for this beta very shortly.  For some of the questions posted in this thread, we will be providing answers over at that community page instead.

Daniel Ho

• 13.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 11-01-2022 05:54
    @Daniel Ho Are the answers to the questions in that community page only open to beta members?

We are very interested in joining the beta but it depends on the answers to our questions.​

Is it truly Chrome only, or is Edge (Chromium based) also supported?

• Once the beta period concludes, is the functionality going to stop until it rolls into general release (i.e. is there a period of time where theoretically we'd need to roll back to using the Desktop app)?

• You mention "We do not anticipate GCBA to work in VDI environments". Does this also apply to situations where GCBA is run outside the VDI, but the Genesys Cloud embedded framework app is inside the VDI? I assume it does but would like confirmation.

Thank you.​

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 14.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 11-01-2022 10:22
    Our plans is to support Chrome only.  Edge should be working because it is the same Chromium underneath, but at this point we are not claiming support on Edge.

We are not expecting to stop beta at any point, unless there is an issue that forced us to roll back.

You are correct on the interpretation of the VDI statement.

Daniel Ho

• 15.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 11-02-2022 05:03
    Thanks Daniel, that's great. Last question RE VDIs - if we install GCBA inside the VDI environment and access the embedded framework application inside the VDI, that should work (but only recording what it inside the VDI)?

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 16.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 11-02-2022 11:12
    It should. Though you will need to make sure there is sufficient CPU & bandwidth in the VDI stack to support the screen capturing of GCBA.  Also, you will only be capturing the screen inside the VDI environment, but not anything else in the end device.

Daniel Ho

• 17.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 11-02-2022 18:00
    Are you planning to support Edge Chromium in GA?

Casey Ramirez
    Humana Inc.
    Strategy Advancement Advisor

• 18.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 11-03-2022 06:17
    Hello,
    In the presentation you mentioned that the registration form would be opened until 7th of Nov. But I tried to open it today and it's closed. Can we please still apply or is it too late?
    Cheers
    François

François Bouchard
    Orange SA

• 19.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 11-03-2022 06:18
    Hello,
    Will there be any additional ports/addresses that will need to be opened/allowed?
    Thanks and regards
    François

François Bouchard
    Orange SA

• 20.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 12-05-2022 09:42
    Daniel,

So far the beta testing is going really well for both our web and embedded client users. One bit of feedback given you have a platform within Genesys to relay it in order to help improve the overall experience:

It would make a world of a difference from a testing/triage/QA perspective if there was a column that could be added to the Performance > Workspace > Interactions view for "Screen Recording". A simple "Y" or "N" in that column would allow our teams to quickly confirm the Interaction has a corresponding screen recording.

Brian Jones
    Ascension Health ? IS, Inc.

• 21.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 12-06-2022 10:10
    Hi @Daniel Ho,

Is this Beta still ongoing? The calendar says it closed on Nov 7th, but I'm not sure if that is for registration or the test itself.

I have a customer who thinks they are part of the Beta, but who says it isn't working (at all!) so I'm trying to figure out if it's because the Beta has finished, they weren't accepted on to it, or a real problem....

Thanks.​​

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 22.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2022 15:28

Hey Paul,

We try to pull the registration cards on the Beta HQ main page once the beta is full or the registration window is closed. I don't see the card on the page anymore, so I think this one is closed, but Daniel will reach out if any spots open up or I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 23.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 12-06-2022 16:39
    Thanks, Matt!!

Yeah, the problem is that my customer thinks they are part of the Beta, but are reporting the function isn't working at all. So, before troubleshooting, I'm trying to confirm that they actually are part of the program and that the testing is still ongoing.

Paul

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 24.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2022 18:33
    Hi Paul,

Please reach me thru email privately, and perhaps cc your customer, to better understand what the issue is.  Beta has already started for about a month and still ongoing, and at this point we are collecting feedback.

Daniel Ho

• 25.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 01-12-2023 10:30
    @Daniel Ho,

I am pleased to report that my customer now has this working!

They are asking if you have any updates on when the feature will go GA?​

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 26.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 01-13-2023 06:56
    Just to add this has been working perfectly in our dev environment since loading and has not been noticed by users in the background.

Richard Chandler
    Connect

• 27.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 01-18-2023 12:09
    HI Daniel, 

I would like to test this feature within our ORG, Would you please tell me how to get/ run the Screen Recording with Web Browser ?

Thanks in advance

Bassel Nafaa
    Prospero Management Services, LLC.

• 28.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 01-18-2023 12:30
    Hello @Bassel Nafaa, this beta is longer accepting applicants. You can see betas that are still recruiting in the carousel at the top of the home page of the Beta HQ Community. Future betas will have an event posted in the community with their enrollment start date and then a community post to announce their enrollment start. Thanks!
    ​​​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 29.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 01-18-2023 12:40
    Thank you Matt.

Bassel Nafaa
    Prospero Management Services, LLC.

• 30.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 02-10-2023 10:37
    Edited by Paul Simpson 02-10-2023 11:10

@Daniel Ho 

Is this Beta still running?

My customer tried adding some new users and it isn't working for them. We wondered, with it about to go GA, if you had disabled / stopped the Beta?

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 31.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 02-10-2023 17:41

The capability is still available, and will continue to be available as we head into GA (Feb 22) and beyond.

Daniel Ho

• 32.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 02-13-2023 08:44
    Edited by Paul Simpson 02-13-2023 08:44

Thank you.

Should I open a ticket with Customer Care regarding the users for whom it isn't working? Or should I post here? (Customer rather sensitive about things like logs being posted in a public forum.)

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 33.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 02-14-2023 16:10

Hi Paul -- I'm not sure if Care will officially accept a troubleshooting case for a beta capability -- though GA is only a week away (Feb 22).

But just to make sure we can characterize the problem first -- was your customer able to get screen recording working for some users or some interactions with GCBA?  Or was it that none worked at all?  Just like in some of the other posts in the beta forum, did your customer try validating GCBA is responding to a version inquiry via https://127.0.0.1:8191/version in the browser?  You could be learning from what some of the customers in their postings in the beta forum as well.

Daniel Ho

• 34.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 02-14-2023 17:50
    Edited by Paul Simpson 02-14-2023 17:56

Thanks, Daniel,

I will certainly get them to go through those basic checks again, but the issue arose when they added some new users (their original, successful, test finished.) I also have some logfiles created by the assistant (background-assistant.x.log) which I assume wouldn't exist if it wasn't running?

It may be a case of waiting until the 22nd and opening a regular ticket if it still doesn't work.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 35.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 02-22-2023 08:30

@Daniel Ho, I don't see any mention of this on today's release notes? Please can you give us an update on when this will be rolled out?

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 36.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 02-22-2023 10:48

It looks like an update was posted to the primary Ideas post last week. I completely missed this since it wasn't a post but an update to the admin note.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WEM-I-410

Update 2/17/23: due to a last-minute defect discovered in the beta program, we are postponing general availability (GA) by at most 3 weeks (March 15). We hope to bring in the postponed GA date sooner, and will be providing an update next week.

Chelsea Sheffield
    InflowCX

• 37.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 02-22-2023 11:34

Thanks, Chelsea!

Yeah, I missed it too.

It would've been REALLY helpful if that update from Genesys had been posted here as well.... :-o

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 38.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 02-22-2023 12:18

Yes, as Chelsea is saying, I did make an admin response update on the tracking Idea regarding the GA delay. I wasn't aware that such an update won't show up in those email notifications sent by the Genesys Cloud Ideas platform? That's something of a lesson learned.

For those in the beta program, you should also have seen my corresponding posting on the GA delay.  Please make sure you have email notifications turned on (in the settings button).

Daniel Ho

• 39.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 02-22-2023 12:24

@Daniel Ho, the system says that I am unable to see that posting, so that last I had heard was the post from you (above) indicating it was coming out today.

Would you be able to share the reason for the delay? My customer (who is participating in the Beta) has been having some issues with it lately, and I am curious to see if they are related.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 40.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 02-22-2023 14:09

I've now added you to the beta community.  You should have access to the posting now.

Daniel Ho

• 41.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 02-27-2023 21:24
    Edited by Vinh Lam 02-27-2023 21:25

Hi Daniel, 

Would it still be possible to be added to this Beta community. Also, do you need to be part of the beta program to get GCBA working. I've tried to install GCBA and followed what doco there is and I still can't see the screen recording on the Interaction View page.

Vinh Lam

• 42.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

Posted 02-28-2023 10:44

Hi Guys,

So this was supposed to be live by 2/22/2023 if i'm not mistaken. I was able to download the GCBA file and tested it but the screen didn't record.

Is this still in beta?
    If not, is there a setting that i need to turn on to get this working?

Rami

Rami Hachem
    DiRAD Technologies, Inc.

• 43.  RE: Beta sign-up for Screen Recording with Web Browsers / Embedded Framework

GENESYS
    Posted 03-01-2023 12:51

GA target is now updated to March 8. As I indicated before, please continue to follow the admin response of tracking Idea WEM-I-410 to follow the latest notifications.

Beta registration has been closed.  For non-beta orgs, you will need to wait until March 8.

There will be a GA version of GCBA available for download by GA time, which contains a few bug fixes. Please uptake this version instead of using the current beta version of GCBA.

Daniel Ho

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources