Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Caller's Name to be display on agent page

Posted 11-12-2022 15:52
    Requirement on Cloud agent: Caller's Name to be display on agent page based on the ANI from a lookup table of ANI and Caller name. how can we use the integrate or build to achieved the requirement.
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Nurul Husain
    Accenture LLP

• 2.  RE: Caller's Name to be display on agent page

Posted 11-13-2022 14:28
    • Create a script as you desire and define a variable (i.e. callerName) with Input option enabled.
    • Use Data Action integration to pull the Caller Name from the source data using ANI as input.
    • In the inbound Flow, first call the Data Action to retrieve Caller Name (store result in a variable) 
    • Then call the script and pass the Caller Name variable as input to the agent script. 

Muhammad Zubair Awan
    Spark NZ Trading

• 3.  RE: Caller's Name to be display on agent page

Posted 11-13-2022 17:49
    Thank you Zubair for the update, let me try the steps..

Nurul Husain
    Accenture LLP

• 4.  RE: Caller's Name to be display on agent page

Posted 11-17-2022 04:08
    Hi Zubair, Can you pls provide more insight how to set up..? I am stuck on the data action

Nurul Husain
    Accenture LLP

• 5.  RE: Caller's Name to be display on agent page

Posted 11-17-2022 04:50
    what is your data source? Data Tables or external source?
    Can you share your Data Action configuration and point out where are your stuck or if getting any error etc?

Muhammad Zubair Awan
    Spark NZ Trading

• 6.  RE: Caller's Name to be display on agent page

Posted 11-18-2022 02:35
    Edited by Nurul Husain 11-21-2022 11:42
    Hi Zubair, 

Thank you for the update, please find the below update, and let me know if there is any input for correction or missing points..

data source >> data table maintain with 2 column (ANI, callername)
    data Tables or external source >> It is internal data table
    script>>  in the default,  add a new line as Customer's Name : {{flow.customername}}, here i have a doubt, need help to know what should be correct entry and how it should call this variable customername from the column.

Can you share your Data Action configuration and point out where are your stuck or if getting any error etc?
    Configuration of Data Action:
    Name: ProjectName
    Setup:
    Contracts:
       -  input contracts: added as ANI - number 
       -  output contracts: added as customer name - string
    Configuration:
      -   Request > GET
      -   Request URL Template >> not sure what should be the actual path, for now, given the path as /api/v2/#/admin/routing/datatables/  but failed while testing.
      -   Header > no change.

In the Architect Flow:
      - add lookup table:
       - input variable : call.ani
      - output variable: flow.customername

Nurul Husain

• 7.  RE: Caller's Name to be display on agent page
    Best Answer

Posted 11-19-2022 17:25

hi Nurul

If you are reading the data from Data Table then you do not need the Data Action integration, you can just use the built in "Data Table Lookup" action.

First thing first, your script needs a string variable with input enabled to receive customer Name data. I used custName in this case, see below

In the Architect, use "Data Table Lookup" action, select the relevant Data Table, use Expression to define reference Key input (ANI in this case) and store output in a variable. I am using CallerNameOut in this case.

Note that architect formats the ANI as tel:+{digit-only string} so unless you are storing the Phone Number in same format in your Data Table, you will need to use substring function (when you perform the lookup) to match the result. For example if you store Phone Number as +{digit-only string} in Data table, then you will need to use substring(Call.Ani,4,Length(Call.Ani)-4)

Under the "Found" path of "Data Table Lookup", you will use "Set Screen Pop" action as pass in the "CallerNameOut" as input for "custName"

This should get you going. 

Cheers

Muhammad Zubair Awan
    Spark NZ Trading

• 8.  RE: Caller's Name to be display on agent page

Posted 11-21-2022 17:00
    Thank you Zubair, it is working as expected by following your above steps which really helped to implement the requirement, much Appreciated.

Nurul Husain
    Accenture LLP

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources