Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can a Genesys cloud shoot an API request to any third party server as soon as call rings at agent screen.(without using of agent script)

Posted 10-06-2022 09:13
    Hello Team,
    Greetings,
    In the basic Genesys Cloud setup, for an inbound call, Can a Genesys cloud shoot an API request to any third party server as soon as call rings at agent screen.(without using of agent script).

I have a third party server in the LAN(like a CRM), As soon as call hits the agent desktop I am looking for a (post)API request should get automatically fired from the Genesys cloud to the third party server. so that the server can process it. 

Thanks,

Dev.
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Devanand Gawande
    Capgemini Brasil

• 2.  RE: Can a Genesys cloud shoot an API request to any third party server as soon as call rings at agent screen.(without using of agent script)
    Best Answer

Posted 10-06-2022 12:13
    Best is to have a Script attached to the queue or flow that has a data action on page load.  Set the script page load action - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

Create a data action for the API call then use that as the page load action in the script:

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Can a Genesys cloud shoot an API request to any third party server as soon as call rings at agent screen.(without using of agent script)

Posted 10-07-2022 13:06
    Thanks a lot, That worked as expected...!!

Devanand Gawande
    Capgemini Brasil

• 4.  RE: Can a Genesys cloud shoot an API request to any third party server as soon as call rings at agent screen.(without using of agent script)

GENESYS
    Posted 10-06-2022 13:03
    Is this API call just a notification to the other system, or do you need to pull data back in for the rep? You could do this with the new Event Triggers capability and Workflows in Architect, this removes the API call from the user script, which can have issues firing if your agents end up using any CTI views such as the Salesforce one.

Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Can a Genesys cloud shoot an API request to any third party server as soon as call rings at agent screen.(without using of agent script)

Posted 10-07-2022 13:11
    Thanks a lot. I want to pull data back. but as of now the response is going to return in MS Teams window. as of now I am using script and sending input parameters to the server.

Devanand Gawande
    Capgemini Brasil

• 6.  RE: Can a Genesys cloud shoot an API request to any third party server as soon as call rings at agent screen.(without using of agent script)

Posted 10-18-2022 11:05
    Hello Brad/Bob,

Thanks a lot, For time being I am not expecting a response from the other system, But I have to pass the Agent ID/Name to the other system, and I think because of this I should trigger the API from agent script after the call gets transfer.(I dnt think there is any way to pull agent name/ID details before the call is getting transferred to ACD node) and it worked.
    I have noticed a bug here,  I am using "Popup node"  in architect before the "Transfer to ACD" node  and passing the variables to the script. but, If I am NOT displaying any information on the agent screen then the solution doesn't work as expected. and If I am displaying some random "character/variable" on the agent screen it works. Basically I am triggering the API just to send all those variable values to the other system to process a request and not for any kind of onscreen help to the agent.

My expectations is, the API should get triggered though I dnt want to send any information to the agent screen via script.(I just want to execute the script to pass the variables to API) so that API will call backend and pass the variable to it.

Thanks.

Devanand Gawande
    Capgemini Brasil

• 7.  RE: Can a Genesys cloud shoot an API request to any third party server as soon as call rings at agent screen.(without using of agent script)

Posted 10-18-2022 12:54
    The trigger on a queue notification could watch for the agent pickup and run a workflow to execute the data action for the web service.  You would need to call the conversation API first to get all the information you need for the secondary call.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources