Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can I run 2 GAX applications on same server?

Posted 01-13-2023 01:31
    I have installed two GAX applications on the same server, but cannot run both at the same time. Is it possible to run both applications simultaneously?
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Paras Javiya
    mokSa Technologies India Private Limited.

• 2.  RE: Can I run 2 GAX applications on same server?

Posted 01-15-2023 02:46
    Hi Paras,

Could you elaborate more and explain the idea behind this request?

• 3.  RE: Can I run 2 GAX applications on same server?

Posted 01-17-2023 12:09
    Hi Paras,

When running multiple same applications on the same host, you need to ensure that each one uses a different port. GAX uses Jetty and the default port is 8080 so you need to ensure your second instance is on a port other than 8080.  The gax.properties file contains the ports for http/https so you'll need o change one the applications to use different ports and ensure that the application object in config DB also points to those other ports under the Ports Tab.
    Also, check the startup log for any errors preventing the second instance from starting.

Regards,

Mike.

Michael Silverman
    Tykans Group Inc

• 4.  RE: Can I run 2 GAX applications on same server?

Posted 01-18-2023 03:21
    Aside from ports configurations, you must have a real good server behind them. Remember you will be running 2 java services that consume and demand a lot of resources like CPU and RAM.
    Also is not a good idea to have 2 GAX in a single server, you are creating a unique point of failure.

Jorge Bellido
    Interaxa Brasil Tecnologia e Informatica Ltda

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources