Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Common Module version check

Posted 05-20-2022 11:39
    Hi All - 
    We encountered an issue yesterday, where a call flow didn't behave as expected because the Common Module referenced was still on a previous version. We use Common Modules a lot in our system to perform some unique schedule check operations that exist across multiple different flows. Without opening up each flow and checking which version of the Common Module is in use, does anyone know of a way that I can quickly audit to make sure all references to a Common Module are on the most recent version? 

Thanks,
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Cory King
    IT Lead
    IGS Energy

• 2.  RE: Common Module version check

Posted 05-20-2022 13:21
    Hi Cory,

I can't think of a super-easy way to do this.  But if you open up the common module, you can click the link next to validate in the top bar, to "Find Consuming Flows".  You should be able to do this with older versions of the module too, I believe.

Jason Tripp
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Common Module version check

Posted 05-20-2022 13:31
    Thanks, Jason! I wasn't aware of this button - that's really handy. We've been going back out of the flow and into the dependency search, so this will definitely save us a couple of clicks in the future. 
    Somewhat related, I found this enhancement request to mass publish updates to a common module. If we couldn't get a way to audit version use, this tool would fix our issue as well. 
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/SSA-I-363

Cory King
    IT Lead
    IGS Energy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources