Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Flexible Shifts, Conditional Breaks/Meal

Posted 03-14-2023 10:38
    Edited by Matt Lawson 03-14-2023 10:37

Is there a way to set the assignment of breaks and meals dependent on the number of hours an agent works? 

Example: an agent can work anywhere from 4-10 hours in a day depending on forecast levels.  If they work 4-5 hours they get 1, 15 minute break. if they work 5-6 hours they get a 30 minute lunch, if they work 8+ hours they get a meal and 2, 15-,minute breaks.  Is there a way to set conditions on these activity codes, or does anyone have a fun workaround? 

#WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Shelby Cronk
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Flexible Shifts, Conditional Breaks/Meal

GENESYS
    Posted 03-14-2023 14:27

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/work-plans-overview/ - expand the two expandable sections at the top; first one specifically addresses your question

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Flexible Shifts, Conditional Breaks/Meal

Posted 03-15-2023 10:45

Thank you Jay!

Shelby Cronk
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Flexible Shifts, Conditional Breaks/Meal

Posted 06-28-2023 17:03

Jay, I have a follow-up question on this.  Could I reasonably apply this concept to allow the system to optimize 30 minute vs. 60 minute lunches? 
    Example, if I create a M-F Shift with 30 minute lunches and then a second shift with M-F but 60 minute lunches, they system should optimize whether to select the 30 or 60 minute lunch per day, correct? 

Shelby Cronk
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Flexible Shifts, Conditional Breaks/Meal

GENESYS
    Posted 06-28-2023 19:29
    Edited by Jay Langsford 06-28-2023 19:31

Possibly or a 'yes with caveats' would be my answer. It is possible to have a configuration such that a shift selection, say shift 2, for one day constrains the scheduling engine to only select that shift 2 for all days or only a specific subset amongst other shifts.

That's all to say that valid combinations across the shifts will be in consideration whereas invalid combinations would not be considered.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources