Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

For Genesys product teams: Re: coming soon/next week's release 'Participant names and avatars in Genesys Messenger'

• 1.  For Genesys product teams: Re: coming soon/next week's release 'Participant names and avatars in Genesys Messenger'

GENESYS
    Posted 01-26-2023 16:11
    The preview release notes for next week have an entry for 'Participant names and avatars in Genesys Messenger' - I am wondering if this means that on release day the current agent photos will start being used in Messenger the way they work in the older chat side of the house, or is this something we'll be able to control per messenger configuration the way we'll be able to control the bot nickname?

If the agent profile pictures will start being used, I feel like some sort of warning is owed to the Genesys customer base so that teams who have only used Messenger can ensure all profile photos are external-friendly before they end up being used in the wild.
    #DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Brad Murlin
    Zillow, Inc.

• 2.  RE: For Genesys product teams: Re: coming soon/next week's release 'Participant names and avatars in Genesys Messenger'

Posted 01-26-2023 17:08
    The release notes I saw say "No Operational impact", so read into that what you will!

It also says "Administrators can specify bot names and avatars in the Messenger configuration, and administrators and agents can specify agent names and photos in each agent profile. If administrators and agents do not configure bot and agent message names and avatars, then Messenger displays the default name and avatar." which I *think* means it will carry on working like it does now.

That being said, after the lack of warning when the Auto-Answer ringing "bug" was "fixed" suggests you are right to be somewhat cautious!

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: For Genesys product teams: Re: coming soon/next week's release 'Participant names and avatars in Genesys Messenger'

GENESYS
    Posted 01-27-2023 08:19

Hello Brad, thanks for your interest. 

Indeed, upon release, there will be no impact to your existing user experience. Messenger will continue to operate as of now. The new feature will be disabled by default (see screenshot), you would have to opt-in eventually. Note that even once enabled, the avatars will be generic, for both Agent and Bot/Flow. The Agent's public facing name & image (these are different from the internal employee name & image) would need to be explicitly configured for each agent.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources