Genesys Cloud CX

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How do I find the call flow using the GUID from a Interaction Conversation Timeline?

Posted 10 days ago
    I'm tracing a call in a Interaction in the Conversation Timeline, the section shows IVR with a GUID number.  Is there a way to find out what is the call flow assigned to this GUID?
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Jean Lam
    Bridgecrest Acceptance Corporation

• 2.  RE: How do I find the call flow using the GUID from a Interaction Conversation Timeline?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 10 days ago
    Edited by Anton Vroon 10 days ago
    Hi Jean you sure can

Using your Architect url
    eg (will be different based on region)
    https://apps.mypurecloud.com/architect/#/inboundcall/flows/YourGUID

The other way is to use the APIs
    GET /api/v2/flows/{flowId}
    https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer#get-api-v2-flows--flowId-
    That will return the flow based on the ID, which will include the name.

Or
    GET /api/v2/flows
    https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer#get-api-v2-flows 
    Will return all flows with names etc

You can also use the CLI to call those APIs.

You can also request through Customer Care to change the timeline view to show Flow names instead of the GUIDs.

Anton Vroon

• 3.  RE: How do I find the call flow using the GUID from a Interaction Conversation Timeline?

Posted 9 days ago
    Edited by Paul Simpson 9 days ago
    Please up-vote this idea...

It's actually worse than you describe, since the initial flow has a geographic location shown, which is useless for tracking down the actual flow!

I tend to use the Analytics API endpoint to grab the Interaction's details and then search the JSON. It's tedious, but it does show all the flow names the call passed through.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 4.  RE: How do I find the call flow using the GUID from a Interaction Conversation Timeline?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 9 days ago
    Hi Paul

If you get Genesys Customer Care to toggle it from GUIDs to names, it does change that first IVR to the name as well instead of the geolocation.
    I think the idea you have there is more of making that the default behavior, since its an optional opt in behavior currently.

Makes it so much easier. Especially since we can't copy those GUIDs from the timeline, and no one is going to remember the mapping of that many GUIDs of by heart, it really should be the default.

Anton Vroon

• 5.  RE: How do I find the call flow using the GUID from a Interaction Conversation Timeline?

Posted 9 days ago
    Yes, the current default is crazy and, frankly, I can't see any scenario in which you would want it - especially given the lack of ability to Copy and Paste and the GeoLocation on the first one...

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group