Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

In-Queue Flow with Skills

• 1.  In-Queue Flow with Skills

Posted 05-23-2022 15:49
    Hello,

I have recently added In-Queue flows with skills to several of our Inbound flows because skills are stripped on a blind transfer call and then the call sits in queue longer than necessary before it is answered. 
    *Strip Skills on Blind Transfer has been toggled on since before my time.  This was turned on with Genesys' recommendation to address issues with calls "stuck" in queue.

My configuration with the In-Bound flows call includes skills and then routed to the In-Queue flow with skills.  The problem we experienced with this routing was the fact that
    Inbound flow to In-Queue flow with two alerts to the agent.
    an agent would get an alert on the incoming call and then a second alert when the call hit the In-Queue flow and with the two different alerts there was a 2-3 second delay in the call actually connecting to the caller.

I have attached a picture of what was happening when the In-Queue flow was in use.

I am hoping someone has some advice on how to address and correct this issue.  We tend to have too many calls that have been blind transferred with skill stripped and the call sitting longer than acceptable.

Thank you!
    Tina
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 2.  RE: In-Queue Flow with Skills

GENESYS
    Posted 05-26-2022 17:38
    Hey Tina! George and I talk about your question in the latest episode of the Q&A Show. Check out your answer here.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: In-Queue Flow with Skills

Posted 05-26-2022 18:45
    Hello!

Thanks for the heads up on this subject being discussed.

I opened a ticket with support a couple of days ago and did provide conversation IDs for this problem.  

I will listen to George's response a couple of times so I can process a little better.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
    Tina

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 4.  RE: In-Queue Flow with Skills

GENESYS
    Posted 05-27-2022 12:40

Tina, I wasn't sure of your exact scenario when I was answering on the show...is it something like:

1. An agent receives a call via ACD using skills-based routing
    2. That agent ends up doing a blind transfer directly to another queue
    3. The In-Queue Call flow for that receiving queue is used to add skills back onto the call and then does a Transfer to ACD right back into the same queue
    4. The new agent gets the first alert when the call is transferred and routed using no skills, then coincidentally gets picked immediately after the new skills are added because they meet the criteria so they get a second alert

That's kind of what I was getting at in the video.

What do you really want to happen? Because if you need to make sure the skills are added back before the call is routed to anyone in the new queue, there are a few ways to do it...waiting until it hits the In-Queue Call flow is too late if agents are On Queue and Idle in the target queue (even if you use the new functionality mentioned by Anton, that's after it routes/alerts the first person without skills).

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: In-Queue Flow with Skills

Posted 06-01-2022 17:14
    Hi George,

What I was hoping to do was to have the Inbound flow route a caller to the In-queue flow with skills for the same queue.  Right now, a caller calls our toll free number selects the option for TS and the call routes to the TS menu where any of the 5 selections would take the caller to the In-Queue flow with skills. 
    The double alert happens on the inbound call without a blind transfer.  Apparently, I am missing the big picture in regards to routing to the In-Queue flow without transferring to ACD.  

I appreciate your assistance!

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 6.  RE: In-Queue Flow with Skills

GENESYS
    Posted 06-01-2022 17:36
    Ok. I am guessing here...

Does your main IVR Inbound Call flow end with a Transfer to ACD action that sends the call to the queue? I presume so (since that is normal).
    The required Skills should be added to that Transfer to ACD action based upon the option chosen in the IVR. No skills should be added in the In-Queue Call flow (which is where I presume there is another Transfer to ACD action sending the call back to the same queue).

A Transfer to ACD action kicks off ACD processing. If an agent is On Queue and Idle then they will be routed the call immediately if they have required skills as designated in the Transfer to ACD. The In-Queue Call flow is only meant to handle calls that have to wait for an agent to go Idle.

Hopefully that makes some sense...

Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: In-Queue Flow with Skills

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 05-26-2022 20:11
    Just want to add, since it wasn't mentioned in the video,

You can now add skills to in the InQ flow without having to use the transfer to ACD action.
    Skills restrict the agent pool, so having less skills will result in more agents being able to answer the call, so shouldn't result in longer wait times if you have no skills, the opposite should be true. If anything it might be priority that you want to look at, which again you can now update in the In Queue flow.

We do this today, most staff use the agent script buttons to transfer, but some use the Genesys inbuilt feature to circumnavigate the inbound flows and go direct to queue, so we have a few checks in place to identify those and add priority/skill if it is missing.

Anton Vroon

• 8.  RE: In-Queue Flow with Skills

Posted 06-01-2022 17:24
    Hello,

Thank you for your post. 

We want each queue to have skills for evaluation methods and performance; we want only the proficient agents to handle certain calls and not just the next available agent. In the past, skills were not assigned and too many calls were being transferred to specific agents. This was not efficient for our patients or agents.

For our higher priority queues we utilize bullseye routing and it does the trick.

Thanks!

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 9.  RE: In-Queue Flow with Skills

GENESYS
    Posted 06-02-2022 00:03
    To handle agents transferring directly into a queue, we do something like this:

On the inbound flow we set Participant Data of "Source = Inbound", and then within our in queue flow we do a 'Get Participant Data' and check that value - if it does NOT equal 'Inbound' we transfer the call to another FLOW - not ACD - and use a special flow to apply the skills and other requirements we need such as the 'Inbound' source, and then send the call back into the queue. The Inbound source will be seen, allowing the call to remain in the queue for more than half a second - and this reroute to another flow prevents an agent from getting the initial unskilled call. From a reporting standpoint these calls will each trigger 1 flow out, but not an abandon.

Depending on how trainable the agents are, you could also use External Contacts with a phone number listed that is also assigned to the inbound flow with skills transfer - but I have seen a lot of teams default back to choosing the queue over the contact.

• 10.  RE: In-Queue Flow with Skills

Posted 06-08-2022 11:32
    Hello,

I appreciate all of the suggestions to address our blind transfer issue.

I was able to resolve this by creating a Secure Flow which transfers to the specific queue with skills.  I built a script for a button that will be presented to our CS agents and when selected, the calls is transfer to the specific queue, skills appended and calls are not longer sitting in queue.

I am not a developer and scripting is fairly new to me.  I did a lot of research in Genesys knowledge documents as well as reading posts in the community. The knowledge documents have a lot of holes in them and are not user friendly to someone not familiar with scripting but I managed to correct the hurdles I encounterd with Genesys support.  I really feel like the user guides are lacking across the board.

Thanks again for all of the shared information!

Tina

Tina Yocum
    Nxstage Medical, Inc.

• 11.  RE: In-Queue Flow with Skills

GENESYS
    Posted 06-21-2022 22:05

Sorry, Tina...I was working my way toward an example of the solution you ended up with. I just didn't go dig it out in time.

This is an old Q & A show episode where I show a couple of ways to transfer to a queue, and one is using the Secure Call Flow from a script. In case you need more info or ideas (or someone else looks up this thread).

https://youtu.be/V56rnsWY1UA

Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources